Minister of war report 1750 bc general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atawa
    If I was City Planner I'd say wait with temples for Mys.
    A 10 shield warrior is now a lot cheaper solution to our happyness problems.
    part of the problem with using martial law is that we can only use 3 units. if we found several more cities as seems to be the direction here, we will wind up using 3 martial law units in size 2 cities, meaning we will already be cutting into production, either from unit support, or from needing one of the workers to be entertainers to keep the peace. Not to mention the temple will be a bit more long term, and won't need to disband as many units. The tradeoff of course is the 1 gold for maintenance vs the loss of shields in production.
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I think we all agree that temples will be built in cities as soon as it is apropriate. but for right now a quick solution is needed .
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

If I was City Planner I'd say wait with temples for Mys.
        A 10 shield warrior is now a lot cheaper solution to our happyness problems.
        Under a Monarchy perhaps, but not Despotism.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Why not?

Comment

We don't earn much coin under a despotism.

I usually rush for Monarchy and then build temples as the cities grow.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Trouble is at 27 turns per tech, monarchy is a ways off at this stage, unless we get exceptionally lucky in the hut popping stakes?
              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Our distance from Monarchy is really disturbing. It appears to me that we are 6-7 turns from Ceremonial Burial and then it will be (30?) turns to Monarchy. We can't survive that (well maybe we can survive it, but we'll be looking up from a very deep hole)!

I think the fastest way we are likely to get it (other than a lucky hut-pop, which I never count on) is to find someone and trade for it. Trading for Cer Burial before we discover it would be almost as good.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Glorificus and Enron should grow quickly (being on rivers) once monarchy is discovered and the rest will not be far behind because they are on mostly grass. We need some roads to increase the trade arrows and get monarchy, after that most of our current problems will disappear.

Set taxes to max science, (I’m sure it has been done)
                  Bring home the archers (that are within reasonable range of a city) to help with martial law, and let the cities build whatever will help them grow. IIRC in despot you get one unit per worker for free, and each city has at least two workers. Therefore we can put down the rebellious nonsense and find some foreigners to steel some tech from.

Do whatever it takes to get to the crown!
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

My best guess is that we are going to be consolidating some units while sending the rest out to explore and find other civs for tech trade to balance what we have missed.
                    Last edited by cavebear; May 27, 2003, 15:14.
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

well i would send the addtition units (warriors) with the sets and just keep founding cities, dont' worry about city penalty until its madatory to have a temple in there...if you send the warriors with, then your unit support isn't as severe as you just rehome...providing you dont' have too far to wander or are not using the set for maintenance
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

That's a "substantial" new icon there friend! Wow...

Comment

It seems that we have gained most of our techs from Hut Popping. How about taking a punt, maximsing tax to coinage and luxuries (to control the rampaging masses) and get our technoligies via trade and popping ye olde huts?
                          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Report has been sent to the President via PM and email.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                              That's a "substantial" new icon there friend! Wow...
                              its my warrior to nukes upgrade via leos (Rah atually found it and sized it for me)

they remember the dark times..... the day War4ever invented nukes and dropped holy hell on the game.....

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X