Preident's Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preident's Message

OK, the polls are closed. Several items of business...

First, 123John321 - Please send me the game file. Ignoring the "nospam" my address is:

nospamcavebearathome@comcast.net nospam

Second, Ministers please email me their addresses to the same as above. Hydey already sent me his.

Third, I will send the Ministers the file as soon as I have it so they can post polls quickly (and let's get things going without delays, Honorable Ministers). I will also post lots of screenshots as soon as I have the game file.

Fourth, we have had unfortunate but completely reasonable delays in getting the game moving forward (real life takes its toll), but I plan to do my best to avoid those problems and set a good schedule this term. Not hasty, but with positive forward motion!
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

congrats cavebear!

And I have your email, and its sended now!
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Thanks John, I've received it. You have done your VP duties well!

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        Thanks John, You have done your VP duties well!
        I must agree

well done John
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Here here

/me PM'd his mailadress to our new president.

Comment

I need H Tower's email, to send him the game file...

I'm not going to post a poll this time around, since MOW Hydey has done a great job with polls that also deal with city-planning issues. However, it is my opinion that we need to step back a bit to consolidate and improve our cities' production and worker population, and to get our tech research improved.

In general, I hope the Citizens will allow me to convert settler production into less costly units for a while, to grow our cities to size 3 to maximize free unit support and use the settlers we build to get a little trade going (for gold and research - those researchers have to be paid and fed, you know)!

It looks like we are off to a good start this term. We will finding other civs pretty soon; maybe we will even be able to trade a tech for Monarchy! Meanwhile, we have quite a good army at our command (4 warriors, 5 archers, and 2 horse).

Perhaps we paid a price to get them last term at city-development expense, but we are covering a lot of territory, and I think it is worth having them out there exploring!

This is a good point to re-evaluate our production and make some group decisions on how to proceed next.

When we get Monarchy, we are going to explode all over the map.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
              I need H Tower's email, to send him the game file...
              PM sent ::sheepish::

Meanwhile, we have quite a good army at our command (4 warriors, 5 archers, and 2 horse).
              I believe I saw our Minister of War calling it weak

Comment

good stuff Cavebear, lets keep this puppy rolling
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

H Tower, PM received, game file sent.

I think we have a *good* army. Most early ones are warriors and maybe a horse. Archers are formidable and I like having them.

The Minister of War always wants better and more units, of course.

Comment

I would be failing the people if I did not ask for a better , more powerful army.

/me minister of WAR

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Your desire for a better army is understood.

Comment

I plan to play the next session tommorrow evening, 24 hours from now. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Comment

Got the file.

Much improved!
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

rockn cavebear...i too must say that better units for the war plans are needed...

what cannot be taken by words, must be taken by action
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                              rockn cavebear...i too must say that better units for the war plans are needed...

what cannot be taken by words, must be taken by action
                              the minister of war would prefer we settle the unrest in our cities and then build a huge attack force made up of better units

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X