Were there going to be May elections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were there going to be May elections?

Just asking out of a vague curiousity. When I mentioned previously I sort of assumed these April ones would carry over due to the slow start, I was told indignantly that elections would be held.

Haven't noticed any. And no, I will not be running for any office. As I said, "vague curiousity".
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

I'm not the VP, just a humble citizen.

VP needs to call the election, or else,

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That's why I noted with some "interest" that 123John321 was the Vice President. I wondered if he would know he was in charge of elections. (hint, hint, John).

I am surprised that President MWIA was not diligent in his duties to manage the game and did not remind his VP at the proper time to carry out the election duties. Tsk, tsk!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Well May elections basically now is one option, but looking back at the save report threads, I start playing the 19th of April. Another idea would be to let this term finish a full month and hold elections about the 16th, in which case nominations could happen about the 12th, and I can do another 4-5 sessions. What d'ya reckon?

BTW I haven't actually seen hide nor hair of 123john for a while. Anyone know if he's active?

EDIT: nm - he just posted that he hadn't got the save again.
        Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; May 2, 2003, 01:25.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

How about President MWIA and the current Administration remain in charge for the rest of the game? It would do away with those pesky, wasteful elections and move the game forward more quickly. After all, what good are elections anyway?

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
          Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
          Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
          Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
            How about President MWIA and the current Administration remain in charge for the rest of the game? It would do away with those pesky, wasteful elections and move the game forward more quickly. After all, what good are elections anyway?

I agree. And those polls and screen shots are a waste of time. Why don't we just wait until the president and cabinet tells us that we've won.

Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

yes elections
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                Well May elections basically now is one option, but looking back at the save report threads, I start playing the 19th of April. Another idea would be to let this term finish a full month and hold elections about the 16th, in which case nominations could happen about the 12th, and I can do another 4-5 sessions. What d'ya reckon?

BTW I haven't actually seen hide nor hair of 123john for a while. Anyone know if he's active?

EDIT: nm - he just posted that he hadn't got the save again.
                Opps, sorry! And I've been here, just no reson to post (until now, Mr. Pres.? should I post elections?)
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

nah, the new government wouldn't take over until the middle of the month anyways and we'd just have another half month term on our hands again. go through to the end of may with this group, and hopefully people who weren't in government will be excited to have a chance at running for office and actually campaign this time.

Comment

yes, let the current admin run another month with proper elections etc etc on time for next month.....

even tho the current admin has shirked some responsibilities
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

It would have been nice to know before that the last election were for 2 months as the only reason I did not run for something was a 3 day absence in April . Intended to run for may when I was available everyday
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

A valid point Hydey,

What about elections in the middle of May as MWIA suggested?

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                          yes, let the current admin run another month with proper elections etc etc on time for next month.....

even tho the current admin has shirked some responsibilities
                          Only because I haven't gotten the damned save yet....

ARGHHHHH
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                          Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                          Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                          Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Lets have the elections on the 16th as MWIA suggests.
                            Its still easier than "the first tuesday after the first monday..."
                            Wizards sixth rule:
                            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

i would agree with the above, would the next term be for 1 month.....

after all the current term could just be from the 16-15 of each month instead of making them "monthly" elections
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X