No announcement yet.

SMC office 3150BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return the Barb-dangered Archer home, and the other one to circle. As obiwan says- let the Horses do the rest.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
      Any unit has 8 directions to go. 6 units have that number factorial.
      allas you just fluncked your math-exam

MWIA it looks like the horseraces will soon begin

some 31h18min untill closing time

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

8!... that's odd. Each unit has 8 directions to go, or 9 if you count not moving. They have this choice every turn. This the number of possible moves =9 per unit per turn. Assuming we have just the two units to move (both Archers), and I play for 5-8 turns (maybe more..?) then we 9^n (n is turns) x2 (# of units).

Only between 66000 and 80 odd million combinations.

And then there's whether to fortify, or sentry, or disband.....

/me is a physicist, so feel free to tell him to shut up at any time....
        Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          8!... that's odd. Each unit has 8 directions to go, or 9 if you count not moving. They have this choice every turn. This the number of possible moves =9 per unit per turn. Assuming we have just the two units to move (both Archers), and I play for 5-8 turns (maybe more..?) then we 9^n (n is turns) x2 (# of units).

And then there's whether to fortify, or sentry, or disband.....
          But will we give all path options or only the destinationpoint(and situation)?
          then it would be easier:
          #units*(#turns*2+1)*#possible final conditions(active,sleep,fortify)

--> 2 units,5 turns would give something of 66 options

* MrWhereItsAt is a physicist, so feel free to tell him to shut up at any time....
          ...although this might be dangerous since the SMC is one too ...

Shade
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Well, I did say it had been a few decades. You should be impressed I even remember what a factorial is. I have a rather non-math oriented career and did not get much chance to use anything more complicated than geometry.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Surprisingly large number of physicists...
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
              Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Former Physics major.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                  Surprisingly large number of physicists...
                  Physics? In my time at university it was called Natural Philosophy which didn't make it any better. I'll stick to Mathematics thank you very much

RJM at Sleepers
                  Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Single-move units should concentrate on exploring rough terrain.

Get us some horsies so we can get further afield!!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

80 million combinations , and only 1 best one. Now I know why I didn't want to run for office........
                      "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

Ah but the great thing with this game is that we don't need the best move - just the move the SMC thinks is best. There is plenty of leeway to throw in your own personality. The people will let you know if you are getting off track.

Hell, I had some orders from shade about troop movements, but none for the impending new Horsemen, so I made it up and did my best. No-one is complaining.

Were those the best moves possible? Likely not. Would others have done it differently if they had the job? Definitely. The point is that there is plenty of fun to be had as a Minister or President as well.

This is what I like best about the Civ2 game and why I keep coming back, despite being so heavily involved in the Civ3 ones as well - I don't need to put every move to a committee, and I have some freedom to play the game as I want to within reason and as long as I satisfy the Democratically made decisions.
                        Consul.

Comment

Hell, I had some orders from shade about troop movements, but none for the impending new Horsemen, so I made it up and did my best. No-one is complaining.
                          at the moment of my poll we had 2 archers and 1 warrior build...now we have 3 archers,4 horsemen,...
                          was little hard to predict when all would happen...but our prez did a great job and he send the horsemen in the most favorred dirrections, no bad word from me

Shade

Comment

Working...
                          X