X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasbelin
    Leland,

I'm simply peeved at Joeno who underevaluates my value for the project and all the work I have done. He hasn't even said thank you for anything I have done. What a *****.
    Hmmm... just like you didn't bother to thank Mark and Dan for their original support... all you did was insult them and try to lay some of the blame at their feet.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming,

you have little to no knowledge about the Stella Polaris, so your statements have no real value for the discussion, except for getting a chance to vent by pointing at me, plus taking a few +1s, despite those shouldn't interest you. Please, discuss something in the OTF or go out with the other ferret, but please don't discuss StP now. You're only going to derail the thread. Thanks!
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'll stop if you personally apologize for the crap you laid at Mark's and Dan's feet... And thank them for what they did do for your team. If you want to continue pissing on some people that HELPED you, I will continue to voice my opinions ON THEIR FORUMS.
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

From now on I will only discuss it with them, rather than you.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

You abused them in public... you can apologize in public... Or aren't you man enough to do that.

And based on what you have posted in this thread, it is easy to see that your problems have been self inflicted.
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I will appologise in public, if they want to hear an appology. That is a promise.

Comment

I'm sorry for my second post, but this one is not 2 days after the last post. (BTW, I didn't even notice that )

However, as for the despair of Stella Polaris:
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Well... until I see it in print here... You are stuck with me.

They give you a place on their forum... Helped promote you, and you whine because you wanted more.

And then you use their forum to insult them.

You should be thanking them for the support they gave your project... Instead, you vaguely imply that they might be one of the causes of YOUR problems...

How sad...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

It's not because I WANTED more, it's because they PROMISED more. Ming, as you don't know all small details, you cannot judge everything. Despite you think you're the all-seeing eye of Apolyton, you're not. I have talked to Dan and Markos by e-mail, so yes, I know more than you. If Markos promises to create Game Development Teams Civgroups, then you would expect him to do it. And the same goes for all The Column writings. If someone promises to publish them within a few weeks, then you would expect that to happen as they promise so and nothing else is heard from them. As for the Alt.Civs update, I was promised that it would be added.

I guess there are promises and Promises.

If my texts aren't yet going to be published, could someone at least give them back to me so that I could archive them?

Rasbelin, dissatisfied customer

Comment

I've been trying to stay out, but I feel the need to remark one thing here, Ras. About the promises. It's not uncommon for people to promise something and have it not done. Yes, it's sad and bad, but unfortunately true. And, this is espeically true on the Internet. That's because this forum is a virtual place that basically doesn't exist, and it's just a way of spending free time for us - I believe that Markos, who is a full-time student and has a job, has quite some work to do, so I understand his inability to do the things he wants to do in time - but that's not because he doesn't want to do them.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                        Rasbelin, dissatisfied customer
                        Translated to read... Rasbelin... Major League Whiner.

They gave him a bunch but not everything he wanted...
                        BUMMER. Life is tough, deal with it instead of trying to blame others for your problems.

From reading your review of events... It's obvious where the real problems are... Your STAFF, not Apolyton.

All the things you have mentioned that Mark/Dan didn't do would have had a marginal positive effect on YOUR project at best. The placement of blame for failure should be obvious to anybody that reads this thread.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ras, shut up. You don't have the slightest clue of how much it takes to manage a massive site like Apolyton. Markos and Dan could quite possibly have a to-do list with more lines than the code for Stella Polaris will ever have. I only take care of some of the work in the CtP sections and I can often barely handle the workload. Markos and Dan do over 10 times more work in roughly the same amount of time. My respect for Markos and Dan has sky-rocketed since I started doing staff work (and it was already quite high before that) - one simply cannot understand what a huge undertaking it is to run a website like Apolyton if one does not have first-hand experience. So I suggest you get some experience with running a major community (not a comparatively tiny project like Stella Polaris) before making accussations and insults if Markos and Dan can't obey your every wish instantly. They give you a lot of support - maybe not everything you hoped for (or even what they may or may not have promised you), but more than they were obliged to give you (i.e. nothing). That you couldn't do more with it than you did is not their fault.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Solver,

I do know the difference, that's why I answered in a rhetoric way "I guess there is promises and Promises." It's actually a cliché.

Ming,

you're now just mean.

Comment

A clever phrase: "Whenever you want to accuse others of promises not kept, think of the ones you didn't keep".
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X