OTF Iraq Request....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTF Iraq Request....

For the benefit of those who wake up to the beginning of the war, would a mod mind putting up a sticky about the ongoing war in the OTF?
    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Not practical at this point. As usual with something like this, everybody is going to start there own threads on the subject, and any "official" thread will turn into troll haven... while the better discussions will be going on else where. After people have gotten a lot of it out of their systems, then it will be time to organize things better.

Right now... it's just got to run it's course for a bit... like it always does...

You've lived through major events before

However... massive flaming... personal insults... and trolling with intent to start flame wars will be dealt with when seen...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I was just looking to see if the mods could've topped an exclusive "Just News" thread about what's going on so that people can ignore the static. Witness your thread where it has devolved into a Finns v Russkies v Mexicans thread....
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

We shall see when the real fighting starts... right now, the news is kind of thin... and not all that much is happening
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So are you planning on having 24-hour mod supervisation in the OT?
          It seems it might need it.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Maybe an "Updates on War" Apolyton radio program would do nicely so that those of us who are so incredibly super-busy in the morning can tune in to Apolyton

...and hear Ming broadcast!!!!

------------------
            ~Dominik - Lord of the Putumayo~
            ~ Dominikos ~

Comment

How about a temporary subforum in the OT for Iraq threads?

Comment

If you simply want news about the war there are dozens of dedicated news sites on the internet.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                  How about a temporary subforum in the OT for Iraq threads?
                  I like that idea, but suspect the answer will be 'No'.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I think that a sub-forum is a genius idea, and it would be folly to reject it. After the war is over, it can be closed without any troubles, and that's that. You've just made more Apolytoners happy.

Comment

I reject the idea of a sub-forum. We've already got too many dead forums around here as is (all created with good intentions and very limited scope).

Comment

Having an OT sub-forum sets a bad precedent.

I don't think there is a need for one.

Besides, it's nice to have all the debate in one place. People cross over from thread to thread.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't think the trolling/flamming is gonna get any worse than it has been for the past few weeks anyway
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Wouldn't want to be an OT mod right now.........good luck with the task of keeping a necessary debate from degenerating.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              Wouldn't want to be an OT mod right now.........good luck with the task of keeping a necessary debate from degenerating.
                              Maybe they could call on the UN to.......
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X