Quotes database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes database

If I were to bump the thread that askd for quotes (you know the ones that appear after posts and edits) to put into the database what are the chances they would actually be added to the database?

Not bothered about when they are added, be it a day , a week , a month , or more . I just want to know if its worth my effort typing out loads of good quotes.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Depends on how good your quotes are.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

You question my ability to purvey high quality quotes?

Comment

He questions your ability to make high quality quotes on purpose.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Just by getting rid of those bloody Star Trek quotes could lift the overall quality considerably.

Comment

chegitz guevara-
            At least until they're teenagers. Then I expect they'll become rampant libertarians just to spite their folks. Damn kids.
            obiwan18-
            Or maybe devout evangelical Christians
            Which would bother you more, Che?
            chegitz guevara-
            BITE YOUR TONGUE!
            I'd kill them myself.
            obiwan18-
            Che-
            If Engels came from an evangelical family and became a devout marxist why shouldn't a communist family produce a devout Christian?
            Lazarus and the Gimp-
            It's fated, Che. You're going to spawn an army of God-botherers.
            Just the Laz quote will do for all who know che.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I dont know- I think your quote about Engles was the best
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Boreholes - so evil, they're almost Finnish (see sig )

Comment

You need to enter the quotes in proper quote format in order for them to have even the slightest chance of making it into the database. I myself spent several hours changing every single quote in SMAC to the proper form and posted them in an old quote thread, but for some reason they haven't been added. *sigh* If there was something wrong with the way I put them in format, the very least thing to do would have been to tell me what I had done wrong.

Uhm, and I can't remember this said correct format anymore, it's in the old quotes thread so I suggest you look for that... but as my example shows, they aren't likely to make it in... I have seen only one or two SMAC quotes myself, and there would have been more if my SMAC quotes had been added. *sulk*
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

MarkG, DanQ, if you see this thread a simple yes, no or maybe would be nice.

Comment

PM Mark......he'll probably answer.

With my connection the quotes fly by anyway, and most of them are either (a) unfunny or (b) very well known anyway.

Comment

They are well-known to you because you spam frequently enough to have gone through the database several times.

Comment

As I said I don't have time to read them entirely.........I just see enough to recognise many are very obvious quotes that I am familiar with due to my erudition in such matters.

Comment

murphys military law

MURPHY'S LAWS OF COMBAT

You are not a superman.
                            If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid.
                            Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
                            When in doubt, empty your magazine.
                            Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
                            Remember: Your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
                            If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
                            No plan survives the first contact intact.
                            All 5-second grenade fuses will burn out in 3.
                            Try to look unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo.
                            If you are forward of your position the artillery will always fall short.
                            The important things are always simple.
                            The simple things are always hard.
                            The easy way is always mined.
                            If you are short of everything except enemy, you're in combat.
                            When you have secured an objective, don't forget to let the enemy know about it.
                            Incoming fire has the right of way.
                            If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU.
                            No combat ready unit ever passed inspection.
                            Beer math: two beers times 37 men equal 49 cases.
                            Body count math: two guerillas plus one portable plus two pigs equal 37 enemy KIA.
                            Things that must be together to work usually can't be shipped together.
                            Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
                            Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing.
                            Tracers work both ways.
                            The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
                            Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.
                            If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
                            When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose, they are both right.
                            Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
                            Murphy was a grunt.

hi ,

enjoy , .....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

the different branches ( snake model )

The Differential Theory of Special Operations Forces

(Snake Model)

Upon encountering a snake in the Area of Operation (AO):

* Paratrooper: Kills the snake.

* Armor: Runs over snake, giggles, and looks for more snakes.

* Infantry: "Look, a putty cat. Come 'ere kitty . . . Ouch! Hey, that's not a kitty cat."

* Infantry (alt): "Ugh! Me see snake. Me like snake. Ouch! Me no like snake."

* Army Aviation: Has GPS grid to snake. Couldn't find snake. Back to base for crew rest and the club and some sort of drink called "The Snake"

* Ranger: Plays with the snake, then eats it.

* Ranger (alt): Assaults the snake's home and secures it for use by friendly snakes.

* SEAL: Expends all ammunition, several grenades and calls for naval gunfire in a failed attempt to kill the snake. The snake bites the SEAL then retreats to safety.

* Corps Artillery: Kills snake, but in the process kills several hundred civilians with a massive TOT with three FA BDEs in support. Mission is considered a success and all participants are awarded Silver Stars. (Cooks, Mechanics, Legal Clerks etc.)

* Marine Recon: Follows the snake and gets lost

* Combat Controller: Guides the snake elsewhere.

* Pararescue: Wounds the snake in first encounter, then feverishly works to save the snake's life.

* Special Forces: Makes contact with the snake, builds rapport, wins its heart and mind, then trains it to kill other snakes.

hi ,

quotes compiled by a civ II fan , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X