How many posts per page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many posts per page?

I'm at 50 - when I changed my profile to get a flag it made me change from 100 down to the current highest, 50. I find it helps me keep focused on the conversation. Plus I have a fast enough connection that I can navigate between those pages fairly quickly.

So, how many posts do you view per page and why?
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

I've always had the standard number, but as I too have a fast connection, I should maybe change that.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

50, broadband just makes it so much easier though.

Comment

Interesting, I never even thought about that. Hm, now that I enjoy a broadband connection I may get that number up.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i've had it set for 50 quite a while, seems like a good number as pages usually load easily and there's enough to skim though with having to change pages a lot.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I could have much higher as my connection is fast, but I think 30 is a nice size to view in one go.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

30, I think- My connection could probalby take 40, but I don't like to bother editing stuff in my control panel
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

50, that way I don't need to click much, and they load up fast anyway. Way better for long threads. And I hate it when with 20 posts per page, a thread with 280 replies looks too huge.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I have it set at thirty...I've had it at thirty for a long time, and am so used to it that I can't be arsed to change it.

Comment

I changed from default to 50. My computer can load the pages quickly enough, and I don't have to keep clicking to catch up with a long thread.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I have it at the default - 20.
                      I'm too used to it to change it.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I keep it at 10 per page. That way, if I know that I've read 50 replies, I can go to page six and continue and not have to do any serious math.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Comment

I'm set at 10, not because I'm mathematically impaired ( ) but because I hate the new browsers and still use Netscape 4.79, which tends to bog down mid-load. I still have to reload pages more often than I'd like, just not enough to make me change browsers.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                            X