This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy, please

I wasn't even aware that posting your full first and last name would be shown to every one that decided to check out your profile. But when I checked my own out - gahh! My full name was there!

I assumed that when putting the first and last name down, that it would be kept out of the publicly viewable profile. And when I tried to leave it blank, it required me to put down a first/last name, forcing me to put down a weird "anonymously anonymous"

I would like for it to be changed, either to not require for a user to put down a name, or to be able to hide it from view.

Privacy, please.
    I wish for a custom avatar - it would give me some individuality.
    I am a dissenter of the required first/last name fields.

Go to the control panel and change it. I just put my initials. You can put anything in there, it doesn't have to be your name.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Maybe so, but it really bugs me that Apolyton would really be after you to require you to fill in that form. I mean, like the other forms? ICQ, AIM, Yahoo? They aren't required!

Just an option to be able to hide it...

(And it looks really weird when I go to the front page and it says "Welcome back, Anonymously Anonymous (Naiveplayer)!")
      I wish for a custom avatar - it would give me some individuality.
      I am a dissenter of the required first/last name fields.

Comment

Put the name naive player in there.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Edit: Oops, it is required.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Naiveplayer
            (And it looks really weird when I go to the front page and it says "Welcome back, Anonymously Anonymous (Naiveplayer)!")

Just use Good for your first name and Bye for your last name.

That way you will get :Welcome back, Good Bye."

ACK!

Comment

dude. no one cares about your name.

Comment

This an atrocity! This is Apolyton attempting to get inside your mind!!! THEY MUST BE STOPPED!!!!
                "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                  This an atrocity! This is Apolyton attempting to get inside your mind!!! THEY MUST BE STOPPED!!!!
                  As long as you keep the key to the safe around your neck, they'll never get to your mind.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                    Put the name naive player in there.
                    Exactly. I have my name as Skanky Burns, and it doesn't matter that it isn't my real name.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Privacy, please

Originally posted by Naiveplayer
                      I wasn't even aware that posting your full first and last name would be shown to every one that decided to check out your profile. But when I checked my own out - gahh! My full name was there!

I assumed that when putting the first and last name down, that it would be kept out of the publicly viewable profile. And when I tried to leave it blank, it required me to put down a first/last name, forcing me to put down a weird "anonymously anonymous"

I would like for it to be changed, either to not require for a user to put down a name, or to be able to hide it from view.

Privacy, please.

Got it RIGHT!
                      Last edited by Nubclear; February 21, 2003, 03:00.
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I come from back in the day... when we didn't have to fill in our names.

The greeting... Welcome back, "Fill in your name" (MrBaggins)

just warms my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Exactly. I have my name as Skanky Burns, and it doesn't matter that it isn't my real name.
                          You have posted in this thread and no one has stated the obvious:

BLAME SKANKY!!!!

ACK!

Comment

I also am sick of this intrusion into our personal lives. It is the first step down the slipery path to when you require us to give a vial of blood for our health information.

Apolyton must be stopped now!
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

"Naiveplayer" posting a thread on the community forum asking for more privacy?

I'm not sure I can keep a straight face.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X