This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to sound sample

I heard it is possible to link to a sound sample when posting. Doesn anyone knows anything about it ?
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

So that it plays in the post?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

We know how to do it, we just choose not to.
      Why would you want to do something as anti-social as that?

Zip it and attach it: That way people who want it can get it, people who don't...
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i was rather hoping for a "play" button to appear in the post. And I dont consider it antisocial if it can be stopped at will by the reader. Can it be stopped by the user ?

Comment

I don't think so, and even if it could, you'd have to find the post with the link and stop it. If several people have attached links it becomes a God-awful din.

Comment

And forces *everyone* to download it. 56k'er will find the thread unviewable.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

People still use those archaic connections?

Comment

ok... but you're still limited to a small sample, seeing the max size of downloadable files, thats why it would be easier to link

Comment

i remember that stupid thread that had the banana boat song in it, ugh

Comment

Or the picture thread that turned into the gay thread. And then someone went and stuck "Dancing Queen" in there.

It's possible to do it with a play/stop button, but I'm not going to divulge any information.
                    Last edited by ixnay; January 8, 2003, 03:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                      People still use those archaic connections?

Yes. Although I gave up that nasty habit a long time ago.

It's possible to do it with a play/stop button, but I'm not going to divulge any information.

Thanks Ix.

ok... but you're still limited to a small sample, seeing the max size of downloadable files, thats why it would be easier to link

I'm guessing it has been a long time since you were last forced to use a 56k connection. Those modems struggle to donwload text webpages. A "small" sample would absolutely kill them.
                      Last edited by Skanky Burns; January 7, 2003, 20:46.

Comment

Anyone linking to sound samples should be permabanned. I hate it when there comes unasked for noise out of my speakers
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

MIDI files are incredibly tiny (just a couple of kb). And who can't resist wacky synsethised versions of popular songs? But still, I could see how the unwanted noise could get annoying.

edit: If you missed it, I stuck a midi of Devo's "Whip It" in my last post, but after a while decided it might be best if i edited it out. Though I might bring it back with popular request.

Comment

yes, please do (I was waiting for someone to post one ...

* alva makes mental note, not to open this thread again *
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I second the motion.

*removes sound card*

Play away ixnay
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X