25006 members and counting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25006 members and counting...

Today the 25000 members milestone was passed, and the members increase faster and faster. As it is now it's hard for Markos to do a feature each 1000 member, so how long until we make 26000?

...and how long before the next (25k members) feature is added to the forum?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

How long 'til Markos clears out all the old accounts that have no posts and haven't been used for 3 years?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Never. Why would he want to erase all the accounts as that would mean less "users"?

Anyway...

Well done. Over 25 000 registered accounts.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Looking at the members list some 8,000 have never posted, of those 5,000 registered over a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
          Never. Why would he want to erase all the accounts as that would mean less "users"?

Anyway...

Well done. Over 25 000 registered accounts.
          Well he can delete them from the database and still report "XX,000" registrations. It just gets rid of the tat.

There are far less than 25,000 active users, so why try and imply otherwise.

Comment

Dammit SD, we want big numbers!
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Big enough?

Its not a problem, I'm just one of those people that likes to throw out old stuff that serves no purpose and is only taking up space.

Comment

If we kick out all the "dead" accounts, CFC should do that too. Otherwise it's unfair competition and Poly drops far behind CFC in comparison.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Do we know, say, how many users have posted in the last month?

Comment

You can do these searches with the member link above, then going to advanced search.

1857 posters have posted within the last month.
                    243 have posted since yesterday.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That's more than I would have thought.

Comment

If it's of any interest I had the incredible luck of loadng a page that said 25000 members, exactly 25000, I kid you not

And the Welcome to newest member was TheCrusader, does that mean he gets a prize?
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I'm with SD on this. The old, dusty and never used accounts should be deleted. Who cares about CFC? It's not about quantity, it's about quality. And we are the winners.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I agree with Alex and Saggy. Dusting of accounts that haven't been used for e.g. 1 year could well be deleted as that would 1. save server capacity (at least the time used by MySQL to create the lists of members) 2. get rid of old and otherwise possible hibernation DL accounts.

Any comments from the authorities like Dan and Markos?

Alex,

of course we are the winners. How dare you doubt that.

Comment

i agree with those other people
                              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                              X