Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Apolyton meeting: 22,23 or 24 nov HCC dagen Utrecht.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch Apolyton meeting: 22,23 or 24 nov HCC dagen Utrecht.

Well another year, another Dutch meeting.

Seeing as the meeting during the HCC dagen in Utrecht went well. why not do it again?

This year I will be active on the HCC itself. I'm helping out a friend who has his own booth on the fair. So I'll be there on fri, sat and sunday. I'll be working during the day so we have to work something out in advance ( meet at the booth during lunch or around closing time?)

Anyone interested? (non dutch speakers are also welcome)

For more info check:
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

I'm very tempted...
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

You still have about 3 weeks to make up your mind.

Think fast!...
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

I want to go to the Netherlands, but its a matter of timing and money. I'm driving to France this week to stock up on booze for Christmas - maybe I could delay that three weeks and just keep driving.

Comment

Uhm, entrance €9.50... A lot of money for an Apolyton meeting (I could care less about the nerd gathering - no offence from your fellow nerd )...

Aside from that, as a Staff Member living in the area (well, still an hour and a half by train) I more or less feel obliged to attend (but if I wasn't staff I would be interested too ). However, that's in the middle of a two-week exam period for me. Pretty much any other time between now and Christmas would be more convenient, but I'll see what I can do if it's in the weekend (I have an exam on Friday afternoon)...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I'm up for it, but I prefer to go on Friday, since I have the day off then. If it were to be the 23rd, I'd have to ask the day off from work, and if it were to be the 24th, I wouldn't have much sleep between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Comment

Somehow, I think it would have been more effective if this thread was posted in the OT...

Comment

You can always start another thread there.

Comment

Anyone who isn't dutch is just spamming
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Well, given that its easier for me to get to Utrecht than to Hull/York for the English meet, I think I am in the right thread.

Comment

That's your fault for living in some southern backwater...
                      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Comment

I might be able to make it. I don't really care about the HCC dagen though...

Comment

I'll come over to have a beer in a bar.
                            I'm not going to enter the HCC-dagen though.
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

If so many people prefer to not enter the fair itself the meet will have to be organized after closing time. The chance that I'll be able to slip out for two hours during the fair are slim. At these sort of events you need as much help as you can get. Not so much for taking care of sales and customers but also to be on the lookout for customers with less scruples *e.a stealing*.

In that case we'll have to meet up a bit later in the evening.

You're also welcome to meet me at the fair Look for a booth by this name:

Bij That's IT! vindt u nieuwe en tweedehands computers, laptops, thin-clients, monitoren en meer. ✓ Scherpe prijzen ✓ 1+ jaar garantie ✓ 14 dagen gratis retour

Comment

Working...
                              X