Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Apolyton meeting: 22,23 or 24 nov HCC dagen Utrecht.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Cybershy, if you're on vacation that weekend. Wouldn't that mean you have a free bed at home?
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
      But Cybershy, if you're on vacation that weekend. Wouldn't that mean you have a free bed at home?
      I'm not sure,
      are you good in doing the laundry and the dishes and more cool house-cleaning stuff, PH?

Besides that do I wonder if PH would feel confortable in a house with that many bibles and all that
      He can login to 'poly though, and say "God does not exist" with my poly account.

Thinking about it again: no, there's no spare bed left over if I'm away, no questions permitted. The beds are gone with us. #doitnow!#
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

In principle, I'd probably have a place for you PH... But it's rather out of the way (near Amsterdam), and the way it looks now I probably won't be attending the meeting myself (and no interest in the HCC either), so that would be a bit silly.

3 weeks from now, eh?

Edit: spot the difference...
        Last edited by Mercator; October 31, 2002, 23:45.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          So no offers yet?
          Sorry, Rich...my parents wouldn't like it.

Comment

Just checked the trains....7hrs to get to Utrecht.

I can get to Bruxelles in under 2hrs
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

That's weird, SD. You can reach Utrecht from Brussels in under three hours.

Comment

Brussel-Utrecht is roughly 3 hours.

check out http://www.ns.nl/domestic/index.cgi
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Well I haven't had any luck with accommodation yet
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Thanks for the offer Mercator though anyway, it would be a bit daft
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Actually I may have a better idea
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Does anyone know a good site for checking rail times and fares on the mainland?
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Of course, I could decide at the last minute to go anyway, but I can't let you know at the last minute, I guess... Not to mention I'd have to ask my father first...

Is there an exact date yet, or is it still just somewhere that weekend?

How long before would you need to know?
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The site SD linked to the best one I know.
                            Here's the proper URL: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/que...protocol=http:

I don't think it has any pricing info though.

If it's only for Holland, this site's good: http://www.ns.nl/cgi-ns/nsbaliecgi?language=2

Comment

Well I need to let work know, which means I would have to know pretty soon

What I was thinking is I could then go to Amsterdam and stop somewhere overnight and then go home the following day, give me a chance to meet up with some of the other Apolytoners around there, and give me some company on the evening.
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                                That's weird, SD. You can reach Utrecht from Brussels in under three hours.
                                I checked again and it depends on what day and time. The optimal timetable has me leaving my house at 7:45(GMT) being in Bruxelles at 12:00(GMT+1) and being in Utrecht an 15:30(GMT+1) on Friday 22nd. (It seems to take 3hrs to get to Bruxelles from where I live, about the same time as it takes to get Birmingham)

The extra time comes from getting to my local station, changing trains at Bruxelles and Ashford. ~30mins each time makes a ~5hr journey 6½hrs, and then add an hour for the timezone change.
                                Last edited by Dauphin; November 1, 2002, 18:41.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X