Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Apolyton meeting: 22,23 or 24 nov HCC dagen Utrecht.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Well I need to let work know, which means I would have to know pretty soon

What I was thinking is I could then go to Amsterdam and stop somewhere overnight and then go home the following day, give me a chance to meet up with some of the other Apolytoners around there, and give me some company on the evening.
    I didn't answer to your plea before because I thought someone who is living more convenient near Utrecht for you than I do (wow, lousiest English I ever wrote) would offer to keep you up for the night. If no one else responds you can always stay over at my place though it will be out of your way. Arnhem is near the German border

I'm not sure if I will be going to Utrecht but in case not I can pick you up from Arnhem station when the thing is over.

Come on people, don't be so typically Dutch! Offer the man a place to stay!
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Are you sure about that? have you not seen his photo in the yearbook?
      (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
        The extra time comes from getting to my local station, changing trains at Bruxelles and Ashford. ~30mins each time makes a ~5hr journey 6½hrs, and then add an hour for the timezone change.
        Hm, nasty. What's extra nasty is the fact that:
        - if you leave from Brussels CS @ 1156 (CET)--> you'll arrive at Utrecht CS @ 1513 (CET); while
        - if you leave from Brussels CS @ 1230 (CET) --> you'll arrive at Utrecht CS @ 1531 (CET).

o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
          Are you sure about that? have you not seen his photo in the yearbook?
          I even met him last year

But it's not my house, so it's not my call to make =\

Comment

(+1)

Comment

Now I'm getting confused

I will have to formulate a plan.

And is anyone actually going to go to Utrecht? Most Dutch people don't seem to be going, so it would be pointless for me to go if barely anyone is going to go. Although you have inspired me to organise a proper Dutch meeting with a bit more notice so we could have a much greater attendance!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Although you have inspired me to organise a proper Dutch meeting with a bit more notice so we could have a much greater attendance!

Leave it to the Dutch and nothing will ever happen
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Hey, how about some of you dutchies come over next weekend to Hull?
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    And is anyone actually going to go to Utrecht?

Originally posted by Buck Birdseed
                    Hey, how about some of you dutchies come over next weekend to Hull?

Hm, tough for me to make, but I still want to attend one of the British meetings sometime =)

Comment

I begin to think the HCC is not the ideal place and time for an Apolyton meeting.
                      There were only 4 of us last year, after all.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I might be able to attend on friday 23/11.

Not planning on going to the HCC dagen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                          I begin to think the HCC is not the ideal place and time for an Apolyton meeting.
                          There were only 4 of us last year, after all.
                          Man, talk about negativity, and that's only the local crowd!

Didn't you read what I said earlier? I said we could meet at the HCC or afterwards. That would be somewhere after 18:00, we could all meet at a local restaurant. Unless I hear some good suggestions I'll decide which restaurant it's gonna be.

But at this point I would like to decide set a date for the meeting itself. Individuals can always meet me at the fair.
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Friday 22nd would be best for me.

Comment

Finally something productive!

Friday 22nd is fine by me too.
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

On Friday, I can only be there from ~20.00h-23.30h (exact times depending on the time tables of public transport to and in Utrecht). Saturday and Sunday I can in theory be there all day.
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X