Is It Time To Think About Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Time To Think About Civ4?

Well PTW is imminent and will soon be upon us and then it will be time to divert our attention to something new. Of course, in the years before civ3, suggestions lists have been concocted and liaison with the Firaxis team.

So within the next few months is it time for us to perhaps start on a civ4 list? I know there are a lot of 'strong opinions' on civ3, so perhaps it is time to tell what to improve and what not to improve. Whadday'all reckon?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

It's still far too premature to start thinking of a Civ IV as it's soon one year since Civ III and according to the unofficial formula of 1 Civ sequel each ~5 years, I wouldn't yet start planning Civ IV. I would also note that it's much up to Sid if there's going to be one and his ideology of not making sequels just because there should be ones, but because of the possibilities to bring in new elements. PH, I remind you of the first public Civ IV wishlist in the Civ III forum in last November or December.

IMO the issue of Civ IV is still too premature (read the upcoming The Column) as thinking of future development of Civ III would be more likely and interesting right now.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'd rather see a professionally done Colonization 2 first. Get out the banners and re-initiate the campaign.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I say no, I've pretty much ignored Civ 4 threads for now, and the game is only a year old. I hope Civ 4 comes out less than 5 years from now, but I don't expect it too soon. Let's think, PTW in a month. Then it's probably at least year and a half (since PtW) till the guys at Firaxis at least consider making the game. And the game is in the development cycle for let's say as much as two years... early 2006 would be my bet for when we can realistically see Civ IV.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Sheesh, aren't those with titles sounding all snotty lately
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            ... early 2006 would be my bet for when we can realistically see Civ IV.
            Who cares!? Dorian Crédé's "First Civ3 Site" already existed in 1996!

Let's get started!
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Especially as civ 3 was such a dissapointment...
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

PTW may not be the end of the road for 3...
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Sheesh, aren't those with titles sounding all snotty lately

First i ever agreed with Provost H!
                  (+1)

Comment

Me too!
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Its never too early...

...well almost never.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Suggestion #1:

Don't make it like CivIII

-FMK.

Comment

Edit: wrong idea.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

suggestion #2:

make SMAC 2 instead. suggestion #1 still applies though

Comment

I go with smac 2
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X