No announcement yet.

Is It Time To Think About Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget Civ 4, I can't even get Civ 3 to install on my computer.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Surely that's good?
      (+1)

Comment

I wouldn't know.
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I'd rather see a professionally done Colonization 2 first.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Did the Civ3 list do any good at all? If not, then why make a Civ4 list?
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

We already had one exclusive Civ IV list, so I would say we won't need one for awhile (~ 1-3 years).
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

maybe they should have thought about civ 3 first...
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                  Did the Civ3 list do any good at all? If not, then why make a Civ4 list?
                  Because we cant resist the urge.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Colonization or SMAC II, first. Why beat a dead horse?
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

SMAC II

I already have several s for it.
                      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I say yes, maybe we can take a very hostile tone this time so they know - no ideas, no $
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

i say, wait a few years, until firaxis starts the project.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                            I say yes, maybe we can take a very hostile tone this time so they know - no ideas, no $
                            They'll call our bluff in an instant. Even if every person at Poly signed a petition saying "I won't buy Civ4 unless some tangible changes are made to the game" (or something), the Firaxians still know that at least 90% of the signers are actually in the "I'll buy the game even if it sucks, because hey, it's Civ4" camp.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'd say forget the pros. They took their shot, it sucks, and they'll keep selling it as long as they can. If it ever comes to Civ4 they might undo their mistakes, they might not. They might come up with something worse than city-flipping.

Go back to Civ 2½. Get into Freeciv or some other independent effort.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Well, I would suggest Stella Polaris before SMAC II as StP is already under work, while there's no information about a possible version 2 of SMAC.
                                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                                X