X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming
    And I've stated that many times before.
    Yeah, but I don't have the time to read everything you post in the OT

As far as current contributers... they have the same chances as anybody else... be around a while, get known, and THEN win a popularity contest... What more should they need then that
    I was not talking about myself here, I see no reason to be included in the HoF, even if I liked it to be voted upon. But if popularity is the trick to get in, you would expect that noone would vote on people that have already left... and still they do.

Oh let's end this, this discussion won't get us anywhere. Everybody has the right to his opinion, so I respect yours, even if I think it may be the realistic view and not the desired one. I know, I'm a utopian sometimes

DeepO

Comment

• Well, Ming has pretty much replied to DeepO as much as I would have planned to

But I think I should address the following:

Even if the age seems a little arbitrary (there are more people who just register and then come by every month or so, who have a more important vote then people who have been very active from the day they registered).
      That's a problem, but I only know of (so far) about 5 voters who have dropped by... one being the old .owoer Titan. and the others whom I can't remember... and Titan was around a lot in the old days (or so I hear )

Perhaps this will grow in the future with postings in the other sections... but it is necessary... people will be angered if I assign them individual values.

Maybe it would be an idea if there was a committee that picked 30 names on which people could vote, it may be influenced by their own personal opinions, but you could get a mix of old folks, and n00bies too. Plus, you can have a limited number of people from each forum, a few from OT, and a few from Civ, CtP, etc. But then the whole discussion becomes who is veteran enough to make the first selection
      This might be a good idea- but Without a Comittee- 1. It would extend the HoF voting and really just create a second hall vote.

The primary and the secondary... IT would sort of be self defeating.

Or
      With a comitee- people would get annoyed at being left off. At least with the Vet's Commitee idea, the vets who could be considered were already gone (or mostly gone ) and wouldn't be insulted by not being included.

The commitee would be flamed, anger, and tempers would be flared.

It would be a good idea- but it would be totally subjective, (much like the hall itself) if a good implementation could be thought of perhaps...

Thank you for all ideas
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
        It would be a good idea- but it would be totally subjective, (much like the hall itself)
        BINGO

It's for fun folks. Just go with it and don't take it so seriously. It's not like it comes with a cash prize.

A show of hands for all of those that have been elected.
        Did any of you tell anybody that you had been elected?

Thought not.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
        X