Big Shouty Thread/forum Titles!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    hey, you ought to know where exactly you are! sometimes some people get confused
    Come on Markos, you have an eye for design, you should know better that that.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Alignment probs

I never surf full screen, and sometimes it doesn't "read" the window size properly. Very irksome.
      Attached Files
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Everyone's a critic…

This looks screwy, too.
        Attached Files
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Straybow, the sollution: browse with windows maximized
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Erm, Markos? Generally web-design shouldn't have to assume things about the size of peoples windows...
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

true but there are times that you can offer everything to everyone

Comment

true but there are times that you can offer everything to everyone
                There are? Presumably this is not one of them...

I also have trouble even when maximised on my 800x600 screen - the "Go(New)" Button is off the side of the screen.

It would seem to make more sense to put the "See printable version" etc. above the search things, not to their left. But I'm sure you know best .

Comment

is that better?

Comment

Better, but you've indented it so musch that now the title sometimes ends up split onto the next line.

Comment

The customer is always right (hee hee)

I have my window size set slightly wider than 800, so it should be about the same as J Bytheway's 800x600 screen. I'm curious how you line up the news selector with the right-hand edge. That method could be used to line up the "Go to first unread post" and "bottom of page" links, or could it not?

We readers have no idea how easy vBulletin is to configure, but I assume that was a factor in switching from UBB. So we'll just pile on the suggestions. If I go full screen the Show/Email/Receive options still look cramped. J Bytheway's suggestion would change it like so:
                      Attached Files

Comment

how about now?

Comment

Skanky Burns-= I disagree with that idea, it won't look aesthetic at all.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

how about now?
                            Much better

Comment

I liked them better when they were the same size as the rest, but this is alright as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                                I liked them better when they were the same size as the rest, but this is alright as well.
                                Indeed Mark has undertaken a cunning method of appeasement in the hope that we'll be satisfied by this change and no longer ask for the thread title to be made smaller.

But wait... Didn't the British try appeasing the Germans before WWII?..

Comment

Working...
                                X