This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So provost was making it up?

Wiglaf, are you absolutely sure it was an apolytoner?
    If not, then you can't go on a McCarthyist rant yelling at people.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Hey Wiggy.

Are you enjoying all the attention your little joke has created? BTW you still have not told me what it is you were accusing me of in your "mods" thread or provided any evidence to support it.

Feel free to correct the omission now.
      (+1)

Comment

Wiglaf, are you absolutely sure it was an apolytoner?
        Pretty sure, nothing's definite.

Are you enjoying all the attention your little joke has created? BTW you still have not told me what it is you were accusing me of in your "mods" thread or provided any evidence to support it.
        I'm not accusing you of anything.

Comment

Where were you on February 2?

Trying to hack into someones account - mine actually. I couldn't remember the damned password.

Where were you?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
            Quite wrong, ming. In the same way that international terrorist groups loudly confess to their crimes against humanity, an apolyton hacker would love people to know he's the one who did it, regardless of how stupid it would appear to you.
            Then why hasn't the hacker come forward yet, and why would he (or she, after all, we do have about ten female posters here) come forward now? Also, how will you know whether somebody is telling the truth or not when they do confess?

That being said, on the night of February 2nd I was laughing my ass off.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

Has anyone who is "believeable" ever had their Poly account(s) hacked?
              MarkG has "hacked" my account a couple of times to give me rude titles and so forth. So when I saw Wiglaf's avatar I immediately assumed Mark had done it. Hasn't he said so yet?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                MarkG has "hacked" my account a couple of times to give me rude titles and so forth. So when I saw Wiglaf's avatar I immediately assumed Mark had done it. Hasn't he said so yet?

If Mark had done it... everybody would know it... because he would have told us, and taken credit for it
                Sure, we "edit" members "titles", "locations", avatars, whatever...
                It is usually done when somebody has "stepped over the line" as determinded by the owners on THEIR site. It is their right to make any change they feel is appropriate. But, they will also alert the member to the reason why.... and warn them not to change it back.

Or in your case... a special title was called for And as you remember... you knew who did it
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Your uni IP's come through several different DHCP servers. Probably you have a static <i>internal</i> (to the uni network) IP, then go through a router, then back to a server cluster which passes your internet traffic to whichever externally connected server has the least load at the moment.
                  Thanks, I thought it probably did. I was just interested, since I do know that any Cambridge computer that views any Cambridge site can be identified, and not just on the same domain. For example, if I check a site on the srcf domain (say, www.srcf.ucam.org/~abc12), then the logfile for the srcf will record that crh37.emma.cam.ac.uk accessed the site.

When did I claim I was intent on blaming the Brits?

Ahem. I quote, from the "flagship" thread, 3rd page, your last post on the page...

Basically any liberal or British/Canadian poster is subject to intense inspection now.
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

as you remember... you knew who did it
                    Actually as I recall it, Mark did it without warning and he didn't own up straight away - I had to start a thread here to find out - just like Wiglaf has done.

That avatar looked like a very MarkG kind of choice - its funny but not rude at all. Maybe he's not telling people now when he does it.

EVC sent me a PM implying he did it. But I find that very hard to believe. Evan just doesn't have the skill and he wouldn't have chosen something so muted.

If Faded Glory's avatar wasn't imposed on him, expect a thread here soon complaining about it.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Where were you?
                      Arriving at Apolyton to find my avatar stuff modified.

If Mark had done it... everybody would know it... because he would have told us, and taken credit for it
                      Sure, we "edit" members "titles", "locations", avatars, whatever...
                      It is usually done when somebody has "stepped over the line" as determinded by the owners on THEIR site. It is their right to make any change they feel is appropriate. But, they will also alert the member to the reason why.... and warn them not to change it back.
                      What if Mark just hasn't decided to come forward yet?

Ahem. I quote, from the "flagship" thread, 3rd page, your last post on the page...
                      That represented a dramatic increase in the scope of the investigation, not that I was targeting a particular group of people alone and forgetting the rest. As you can see from the initial suspect list on that page, there are plenty of Americans under inspection as well, including HTower, who kicked off that paragraph you quoted.

Comment

That represented a dramatic increase in the scope of the investigation
                        What next? Anal probes???

Comment

Btw Mark, if you did it, I thought it was damn funny

Now, can I have my Apolyton Troll title back please?

Comment

What next? Anal probes???
                            That's not what I meant by 'scope' (methods are hardly the same as target group and main focus). In any event it's a very important point to make that I'm in no way going with the flow any anti commie or Brit/Canadian agenda would generate. This is a rather fair investigation, a much more fair one than the perp probably deserves.

Speaking of which, loinburger, where were you February 2? The only information you provided wasn't overly helpful. Were you online or not?

Comment

Oh come on Wiglaf. Its so obvious. The are only 2 credible possibilities:

a. You did it yourself. Possible - but that would make you crazier than even we thought.

b. Someone with access to your account did it.

Who has the best access to your account aside from yourself?

The "hacking" option just isn't credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                Speaking of which, loinburger, where were you February 2? The only information you provided wasn't overly helpful. Were you online or not?
                                Obviously I was online, I was at your thread mocking your ineptitude (and your handsome new avatar).

Comment

Working...
                                X