This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drekkus
    What's up with Faded Glory's avatar and link in his sig??

Did someone 'Wiglaf' him?

No...

I put that there.

Its supposed to say "Hail Ze Fuhrer Faded Glory!"

more for the PBEM crowd.

But if many people is offended bye it. I will remove it... Its not there to piss anybody off.

Comment

If the hacked password was the same as one Wiglaf used at other sites, it could have been obtained by someone with access there.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

If Wiglaf's account was broken into, the most likely answer was he left it open somewhere after he finished using it. One of his friends felt like pulling a joke on him.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          If Wiglaf's account was broken into, the most likely answer was he left it open somewhere after he finished using it. One of his friends felt like pulling a joke on him.
          This requires the absurd predicate that he has a friend.
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
            If the hacked password was the same as one Wiglaf used at other sites, it could have been obtained by someone with access there.
            Don't smart people use different passwords for different sites
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming - how would THAT be relevant?
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett

Oh yes - don't count these two posts. They've come from a computer room computer, and so wouldn't have my IP. Almost all posts of the last two years (in term time at least) will have come from the static-IP'd computer, and that's what I'm intereted in.
                Your uni IP's come through several different DHCP servers. Probably you have a static <i>internal</i> (to the uni network) IP, then go through a router, then back to a server cluster which passes your internet traffic to whichever externally connected server has the least load at the moment.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

well thats how its done!

Your uni IP's come through several different DHCP servers. Probably you have a static internal (to the uni network) IP, then go through a router, then back to a server cluster which passes your internet traffic to whichever externally connected server has the least load at the moment.

So thats how your tracking IP

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                    Ming - how would THAT be relevant?
                    Literally

For the record I use different passwords for different sites. Unfortunately I only remember the passwords, and not which password goes with which site.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

"Password" works as the best universal password, I've found. It's easy to remember. However, I'd recommend to Wiglaf that he no longer use it as his password; he ought to try "Password1" or something else instead.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Is this a continuation of that other thing, him claiming someone changed his avatar and such?

This investigation seems as likely as Captain Qweeg's Strawberrys one.
                        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

But as you recall, The strawberries were stolen, Just not by anyone Queeg suspected.

Comment

Hey Wiglaf, in case I missed something (and I probably did): how did you know the exact time that the hacker compromised your account? (You posted said time in the 'flagship' thread).
                            the good reverend

Comment

no, i'm not an Enron Executive

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                              who has an AOL account
                              i choose to exercise my rights as stated in the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution

posts in the OT

i choose to exercise my rights as stated in the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution

especially on the night of 02-02-02.
                              i have no recollection of the night in question
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

And while it maybe within your rights to ask, are you really that stupid to think the guilty one will actually respond truthfully.
                                Quite wrong, ming. In the same way that international terrorist groups loudly confess to their crimes against humanity, an apolyton hacker would love people to know he's the one who did it, regardless of how stupid it would appear to you.

I think Wiglaf is a DL. Nobody could be that dumb. Strong EVC overtones here. And Wiglaf appeared when EVC lost impact
                                I'd like the mods to respond to that and clarify matters for our friend Horsie over here.

Seeing as he is intent on blaming Brits for it (he said so himself), I would like to point out that I connect via the university Lan, with a static IP (at least, I think it is. I'd actually be interested to know whether you get my static IP or the IP of some gateway I'm passing through. Ming? MtG?)
                                When did I claim I was intent on blaming the Brits?

Has anyone who is "believeable" ever had their Poly account(s) hacked?
                                I appreciate that. Where were you on February 2?

Hm. It's a possibility, as I was off (as in away from) the computer both ten to twenty minutes before the "incident" and a little while into it (after 'flagship' thread). Still not likely enough though, as I somehow doubt anyone could download, resize and upload an avatar like that in only three minutes.

This requires the absurd predicate that he has a friend.
                                I'm not even gonna respond to that.

Hey Wiglaf, in case I missed something (and I probably did): how did you know the exact time that the hacker compromised your account? (You posted said time in the 'flagship' thread).
                                It's the exact date of my first post in the Moderators thread (02-02-02 11:03EST), which is as close I can get. I guess I should have asked for the time I realized the hack, but oh well. Not much of a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X