This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigation Under Fire

Mingy has taken it upon himself to compromise my investigation yet again by closing its flagship thread in the OT. While I think this all but erases doubt as to his guilt or the guilt of the Apolyton staff, I still feel that it is well within site rules to inquire as to ISPs and whereabouts on this forum to be completely sure.

If it isn't, please quote the proper rule in the FAQ. Because there isn't one.

Anyway, as I have now exposed you publically for all to see, the only way to redeem yourselves and prove innocence would be to tell me who has an AOL account and posts in the OT, especially on the night of 02-02-02. Thanks in advance, in the name of justice naturally.

Well, thank you for putting this thread in a forum which adds to my post count. As to your inquiry, on Saturday night, i went over to a friend's apartment. And I use my university network to connect to the internet.

Comment

Your Flagship had sunk to new lows of spam...

And while it maybe within your rights to ask, are you really that stupid to think the guilty one will actually respond truthfully.

And that others will answer honestly...

Feel free to continue your "investigation"... But if it turns into another spam fest... or a flame fest... this thread will be closed too.

And if it is, and you start another thread on the subject, you will be the one closed!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i was online at the time of when you were "hacked" of course, i don't use aol, i got my universities T-lines! Whoo hoo!

Comment

Oh... and a side note to all others. If you want to answer his questions... fine. But anybody that starts to flame, or spams this thread will be toast too. Anybody that thinks this is just a free chance for "+1" will find out differently.

Let him continue his "investigation"...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wiglaf, the IP that did it was AOL.

You're known to be one to strive for attention.

You enjoy to play the victim in a world fill with commies.

So you set your info to what it was, put on a big act, then start numerous threads about it demanding people's attention in solving it. Then you put on this act of taking it so very seriously, when all signs point clearly back to you. I assure you, nobody cares about you nearly enough to do this to you. Do we really need a big sign to tell us you're stupid?

I think this is a complete waste of a thread, and should be locked. If Wiggy wants to interrogate people for it, he can use PMs or AIM.

Don't give him the attention he wants.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Investigation Under Fire

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              Anyway, as I have now exposed you publically for all to see, the only way to redeem yourselves and prove innocence would be to tell me who has an AOL account and posts in the OT, especially on the night of 02-02-02. Thanks in advance, in the name of justice naturally.

FYI, there are 1322 registered user names with aol.com email addy's, and that doesn't include people who registered with other email addy's and use AOL some of the time.

And there's nothing to indicate that any use of your account on February 2 was by anyone else other than you. All the IP blocks are consistent with the ones your account has routinely hit since you've registered.

Why don't you go outside and play in a mud puddle or something?
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

this could be comical.

Btw, didnt EvC admit to hacking Wiglaf's account?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Oh... and a side note to all others. If you want to answer his questions... fine. But anybody that starts to flame, or spams this thread will be toast too. Anybody that thinks this is just a free chance for "+1" will find out differently.

Phew! Lucky I read that

I think Wiglaf is a DL. Nobody could be that dumb. Strong EVC overtones here. And Wiglaf appeared when EVC lost impact
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Only one solution......

Ban em all and let Ming sort em' out
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would never use AOL

it was crap when it came out and is crap now

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What's up with Faded Glory's avatar and link in his sig??

Did someone 'Wiglaf' him?
                        Last edited by Drekkus; February 5, 2002, 14:18.
                        Well, lets just imagine my question is not hypothetical then...
                        -
                        My God, I'm thirty, I need a drink - english textbook spelling error

Comment

Seeing as he is intent on blaming Brits for it (he said so himself), I would like to point out that I connect via the university Lan, with a static IP (at least, I think it is. I'd actually be interested to know whether you get my static IP or the IP of some gateway I'm passing through. Ming? MtG?)

Also, it's very hard to answer a question like "on the night of", since I don't know your timezone. Guessing American of some sort, and defining "Night" to be roughly 10pm EST to 2am EST, I would have been asleep, as that is the region from 3am to 7am over here.
                          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                            I'd actually be interested to know whether you get my static IP or the IP of some gateway I'm passing through. Ming? MtG?
                            Oh yes - don't count these two posts. They've come from a computer room computer, and so wouldn't have my IP. Almost all posts of the last two years (in term time at least) will have come from the static-IP'd computer, and that's what I'm intereted in.
                            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

This is the first I've heard of this from Wiggie, but why is it that only people who are "disliked" claim to have had their accounts hacked?

Gianni claimed it, as did a few others.

Has anyone who is "believeable" ever had their Poly account(s) hacked?
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X