No announcement yet.

The Right to an Avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right devilmunchkin. Unfortunately it's a matter of vanity. Not that I wouldn't mind having a custom avatar myself!
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Re: comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
      why is having an avatar so important anyway? Shouldn't the quality of what you say be more important than how much irrelevant stuff you can crap out to increase your post count just so you can have a cutsie lil pic by your name??
      Well, the avatar isn't a matter of live or death,
      but more like a question of pride, honour and reputation.
      If you have a nice, cool, great looking or even a funny
      avatar, your image in the forums is different from being
      without one. Think like this - the avatar gives the person
      an identity. Or the avatar can be the mascot of the member
      (for instance, the wombat is the mascot of the Immortal Wombat).

Of course it's important to be able to say something else
      than just those lovely fu... words. Content matters!

And once again: The old good avatar rules back!
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        You have no right to a custom avatar!

Now bow before your king, peasent!

+1
        Now kiss my pinky ring, underling

Well I am on the verge of the next big step, Deity. Yep, Apolyton will soon have it's sixth deity. Watch this space!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

As an atheist, won't becoming a Deity be a conflict of interest?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Now kiss my pinky ring, underling

Well I am on the verge of the next big step, Deity. Yep, Apolyton will soon have it's sixth deity. Watch this space!
            Nice....

How do you post at an incredible 16 posts/day? thats insane...

I just can't see why they stopped giving custom avatars for people who have been around for a long time. By the time I get to 500 posts, Mark probably will have the requirement increased to 1000...

Comment

Well, how about making OT posts count for half a post? Or a third of a post? Or .01 of a post?

Come on, I want my custom avatar back!!
              Attached Files
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                Well, how about making OT posts count for half a post?
                Actually I could support that idea, Vlad.
                It could perhaps refresh Ape, just before
                the next Civ era is going to begin.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                  Well, how about making OT posts count for half a post
                  That would just mean people would spam twice as much as before.

Comment

I've already done my part in the fight for the right to an Avatar's, spammed my way to 500 posts soon after reaching one year at Apolyton. My new Avatar is a tribute to my time as a spammer.

The best thing is I didn't even get a PCR, despite being #2 (or #3, I forget) spammer in the latest round of Civ3 spam threads.
                    And NO you mods, that is NOT a invitation / challenge

On an related note the poor #1 spammer got a 100% PCR. Which seemed a bit unfair, only 80% of his posts were spam.

Hmmm, looked like I started rambling.

For all you disgruntled one+ year olds who are considering spamming, here's my usfull spamming tip:
                    Try to make your spam atleast slightly witty, apparentely then it tastes better to mods.

An example of not what to do:
                    I am the Spaminator!

Comment

• rasbelin

isn't that what a sig performs?
                      heck, i've made my own identity without one easily.
                      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• Question for moderators

Hi... everyone has asked if this issue is due to changing to a new version for this forum. Clearly everyone would like to see the 1 year rule come back (probably even yourselves), is anyone working on this? What sort-of difficulties are you running into to do with this? Time, hacking..etc?

Ming it seems that you are having a problem with spam. Do you think this could be because of the 500 posts required? Or just cause its what people do? (I am asking an honest question, not being faciscious).

Well hopeing you see this post.
                        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

• Well hopeing you see this post.

NA, send a direct PM if you want Ming to respond. Else it is down to chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blake
                            I've already done my part in the fight for the right to an Avatar's, spammed my way to 500 posts soon after reaching one year at Apolyton. My new Avatar is a tribute to my time as a spammer.
                            Your message looks more like common spam.
                            Spaming suspected! Surrender now or I'll call the police!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Crunch
                              Well hopeing you see this post.

NA, send a direct PM if you want Ming to respond. Else it is down to chance.
                              Ya I thought so too, but I was hopeing to get a response that everyone could see and be happy with.
                              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

• Re: Question for moderators

Originally posted by November Adam
                                Ming it seems that you are having a problem with spam. Do you think this could be because of the 500 posts required? Or just cause its what people do?
                                it seems to me that people would stop posting irrelevant crap like the things in this thread(well most of it anyway) if it was changed to 1 year rather than 500 posts. not to mention i would get an avatar faster . unless i do a Blake, that is...

Comment

Working...
                                X