Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    Colon,
    It seems that those who are against post counts are us Emperors *cough* *cough*
    Not all . Too bad I think the post counts will never be taken away.... STUBBORN ADMINS !
    Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; July 27, 2001, 05:36.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

"Colon,

It seems that those who are against post counts are us Emperors *cough* *cough* "

Your point being? Are we against because we detest it that we aren't deities? Maybe we like it that our hard efforts to become emperor will have turned out to be futile?

I can make up theories like those too you know.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Post count is highly overrated.

I´m not saying I´m completely immune to tracking the number of posts I made and the title I have, but apart from that...
        Besides, as far as I know post count related spam issues are related mostly to the off-topic forum. If it wasn´t for the spam, Ming would be without a job .

If spamming really is done just to get to the next title, maybe titles should be reversed. You start at Deity and you end at Settler. Or the titles could be based on how long a person has been on Apolyton.
        But then again, I like it just the way it is.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Addicted was. Wasn't it?
          Nope... Addicted was NOT branching threads when we were posting there. That's one of the reasons why I liked Addicted. I hate branching thread forums. Now, Ulitmate was. I spent much more time at Addicted because it wasn't. When Addicted closed down for "updating"... that's when I migrated over to the Greek site instead of just moving to Ultimate.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But Ming, branching boards didn't had spam, did they?
            Mmmm, now I'm starting to think about this, I believe the only reason you dislike branching threads is because you'd be out of a job which means you'd lose your treasured perks.
            Yeah, I'm onto you...

Mercator, I believe that the least you can say is that PC’s isn’t a good motive to make posts.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
              I believe the only reason you dislike branching threads is because you'd be out of a job which means you'd lose your treasured perks.
              Teasured perks

HA HA HA HA... Please tell me what those are. I need to be reminded of them as I read through thousands of "real interesting" threads

And you are right, they really wouldn't need moderators with branching threads... the posting activity would drop to next to nothing
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Nope... Addicted was NOT branching threads when we were posting there. That's one of the reasons why I liked Addicted. I hate branching thread forums. Now, Ulitmate was. I spent much more time at Addicted because it wasn't. When Addicted closed down for "updating"... that's when I migrated over to the Greek site instead of just moving to Ultimate.
                God, I was sure it was branching! Anyhoo, remember Mr. Mentquilla and Jesse when we first started at Apolyton. It was mostly spam back then, no? And tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                  God, I was sure it was branching! Anyhoo, remember Mr. Mentquilla and Jesse when we first started at Apolyton. It was mostly spam back then, no? And tolerated.
                  As we get older... our memory goes first (ADDICTED WAS NOT A BRANCHING FORUM)

Those two were a riot... They kept me laughing. But to your point... Most of what they posted was in the general forum (the OTF of it's time) It was really no different then what is currently being posted in the OTF
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming, we didn't had to worry about global warming and nuclear proliferation during the medieval ages, and similarly we didn't had to worry about spam when there were branching boards.

The least they can do is remerge off-topic with the general civ2 forum. There was a lot less spam when they still were one, and I think the civ2 forum is virtually death anyway, only kept alive by nostalgia.

Comment

Yeah!!!! Let's either merge the OT with Civ2 general...or create CTP and CIv2 OTs. This will defeintiely get the animals riled up!!

And for tradition's sake, we should switch back to a gray color scheme!!!

Comment

Mercator, I believe that the least you can say is that PC’s isn’t a good motive to make posts.
                        Definitely.

I´m quite sure that the Addicted forums were not branching (I hate those too). But well, I didn´t really post anywhere until shortly after the genesis of Apolyton.

The least they can do is remerge off-topic with the general civ2 forum. There was a lot less spam when they still were one, and I think the civ2 forum is virtually death anyway, only kept alive by nostalgia.
                        Maybe everyone on OT should prove (s)he´s a civaddict, or be banned. The release of Civ3 should then increase the amount of on-topic talk, which could lead to the decrease of spam. Or maybe there would only be more spam, when newbie civ-ers appear on Apolyton... Or maybe I´m just dreaming.
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Civ2 forum virtually dead? HUH? It's still very much alive, with countless MP games being set up... cateloging of strategy... and help for the newbees... Dead??? Not by a long shot

And GP... up to your old tricks again I see
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                            And for tradition's sake, we should switch back to a gray color scheme!!!
                            Or maybe you should change the forum style set in your profile to "Default".

Comment

I'm in the default. well I've never been into my profile, so I assume it's default. I'm talking about the old color scheme!

Comment

Mercator,
                                ”Maybe everyone on OT should prove (s)he´s a civaddict, or be banned”

Yes, yes, good idea, there should be an exams or an inquiry of some sort. I think Darkcloud would be able to draw up one and we ask Cecil or Bob Dornan to pose the questions.

”Or maybe I´m just dreaming.”

No don’t worry this is real life and you have excellent ideas.

Ming, I’m sorry man, but the civ2 forums got to be moribund, because I haven’t read one single civ2 thread for years now and surely that indicates something? I mean, I wouldn’t have ignored it if they’d have caught my attention and why aren’t they catching it eh?
                                Help for newbies? You’re just deluding yourself, there’s no way that after all our horrorstories about the AI people are still buying civ2.

Besides, civ2 is another very good reason for re-merging OT with civ2general, people would be reminded about civ2 again and just possibly there would several chat about it. That would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X