Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colon
    Mercator,
    Ming, I’m sorry man, but the civ2 forums got to be moribund, because I haven’t read one single civ2 thread for years now and surely that indicates something? I mean, I wouldn’t have ignored it if they’d have caught my attention and why aren’t they catching it eh?
    Help for newbies? You’re just deluding yourself, there’s no way that after all our horrorstories about the AI people are still buying civ2.
    Yes... I can understand that some have become bored with civ, and would find the Civ II forums boring. But if you take a look at the CivII General, Strategy, and MP forums, you will still see a lot of activity... more than any of the other game forums with the exception of CivIII. Do you still play CivII?... Many people still do.

And I doubt people are still buying Civ II, but that doesn't mean that there aren't newbees out their who have just found this site and realized there is so much more they can still learn about the game.

So... Just because you may have lost interest and don't find anything worth reading... doesn't mean everybody else has too

Keep on civin'
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh God.....this bloody depressing obsession with what constitutes spam....

This is the one thing- the one sodding thing that really pisses me off about Apolyton. Why something so utterly trivial should have generated so many millions of words defies logic entirely.

In declaring a war on spam, Apolyton created spamming for principle's sake, and this counter-produced spam war on the spammer. Et cetera, ad nauseum.

Ignore it. That's the best way to go if it distresses you. If you think it really matters I'll arrange for you to lose your job or develop an unpleasant ailment so that that you finally obtain the sense of proportion that's missing from your life.

Arse in extremis.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Bugs, of all people who posted in this thread, you're the one who takes this most seriously. This is Apolyton, we enjoy discussing blatant nonsense so lighten up.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The irony is that Bugs is part of the loop that he hates. The one complaining about the complainers complaining about spammers
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
            Ming, I’m sorry man, but the civ2 forums got to be moribund, because I haven’t read one single civ2 thread for years now and surely that indicates something? I mean, I wouldn’t have ignored it if they’d have caught my attention and why aren’t they catching it eh?
            Help for newbies? You’re just deluding yourself, there’s no way that after all our horrorstories about the AI people are still buying civ2.
            Wow you sure missing a lot, I see heaps of new people coming to civ 2 Strat and civ 2 General, people are stil ldiscovering this game and still looking for help. ge ei palyed it for 4 years and i still learning all the loopholes exploited by the best players..

Civ 2 MP forum is very active, many games played there, some of the best being the Diplo versiojn IMHO... No I think the civ 2 forums will liv eon some time after civ 3 is released...

And for chris 62...

See i havent posted much at all her, i am very controlled now....
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

you guys are taking me too serious

Ras, Ming,
              Yeah, I know the civ2 forums are still vibrant, I still peek from time to time and I have always been surprised by the new challenges and new details you guys find.

BTW I made a post yesterday in civ2general to please you guys.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
              X