Problem with PMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PMs

This is getting annoying. Not only do I have to wait a minute and a half between each PM, but I have to continuously check to make sure the damned thing has even left.
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT MAX(dateline) AS dateline FROM privatemessage WHERE fromuserid=11127
    mysql error: Server shutdown in progress
    mysql error number: 1053
    Date: Thursday 27th of May 2004 10:37:19 AM
    Script: /forums/private.php
    Referer:
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Ditto.

Also when editing posts.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Hmmmm... I haven't had any problems like that, and I've been sending out PM's and editing posts all morning

It could be that either MarkG is making changes (but not likely since he is usually posting as well, and he doesn't seem to be) or it could be you were doing so when somebody was accessing the site control panel at the same time. I know that when I do IP checks, the site comes to a stand still and you do get error messages sometimes.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It seems to be intermittent. Also happening with viewing threads and making standard posts as well as sending PMs.
        FWIW Markos posted in the Community forum just recently (45 minutes ago as of this post), so I'm suspecting his influence. Which is good in a way - it means these problems will be over quickly.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          I know that when I do IP checks, the site comes to a stand still and you do get error messages sometimes.
          So your the culprit.....

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Then that's an easy solution.

Stop Ming from doing IP checks.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I have had this problem for 3 days now. Cant send PM at all - not even to MarkG to report this

Code:
              Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /home/apolyton/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 116

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT MAX(dateline) AS dateline FROM privatemessage WHERE fromuserid=15882
              mysql error: Server shutdown in progress
              mysql error number: 1053
              Date: Tuesday 15th of June 2004 06:06:02 AM
              Referer: [url]http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=46518[/url]

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: UPDATE session SET lastactivity=1087293854,location='/forums/private.php' WHERE sessionhash='d5a7e998de294f05eef0bbfd068ae524'
              mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
              mysql error number: 2013
              Date: Tuesday 15th of June 2004 06:06:02 AM
              Referer: [url]http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=46518[/url]
              I dont think Ming is constantly checking IP's

Comment

Somehow the PM problem is now gone, managed just to send some PM's without any trouble.

Dont know what that was, but am happy that its now fixed

Comment

Someone sent me their NW orders 5 times because of this.

Comment

I had the same problem several times.
                    Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

it's not an issue specifically with the PM feature. just that some times the mysql server loads up too much and decides to commit suicide. at that time you get the error page. refreshing a couple of minutes later should give you the page you want.
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                      X