tinybar parasite message.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tinybar parasite message.

When i log on to poly from home, i get a message that my PC is infected with the above parasite and instructions for deleting it. My home PC has been slow of late. I just want to confirm that this message is genuine (yet another service from Poly) and not itself a virus of some kind before i do as it says. Anyone know more?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

There was another thread about this a month or so ago...

The short answer is yes, the message is genuine. It's a service that's helped me in the past.

Using ad-aware or spybot search-and-destroy might also catch the little bugger, if you don't feel like following the removal instructions.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha Using ad-aware or spybot search-and-destroy might also catch the little bugger, if you don't feel like following the removal instructions.
      Better make that "Using ad-aware AND spybot..."
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Remember that feature... quite useful whan you log are on another computer than yor own nd get that message. Haven't been in such a situation for long thou, so I hadalmost forgot that the message existed.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

That's exactly how I noticed it the first time, Gramphos.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Yup, sound advice from these folks.

If you can trust Apolyton who can you trust.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              Yup, sound advice from these folks.

If you can trust Apolyton who can you trust.
              Interesting use of words, jedi.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Made a typo and decided to leave it be...
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, yes, if you look at that thread joncha referenced that was me asking the question two months ago.

and I still have a problem.

I have tried to use every adware/spyware removal program and it's completely hopeless. I can't extract whatever crap got downloaded without my permission.

I will credit Apolyton for alerting me that I had a problem in the first place.
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                    I have tried to use every adware/spyware removal program and it's completely hopeless. I can't extract whatever crap got downloaded without my permission.
                    Use Mozilla!
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
                    X