Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta-spam is not your only forte, I see. Masterfully done
    I'm glad you appreciated it.

BTW, I am adept at all forms, I just have preferred styles and disdain for others. Some I can take or leave.
    Last edited by Dauphin; June 8, 2004, 08:49.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Lurking for even a short while should let you pick up on most of these terms.
      The risk is, of course, that they end up getting scared away before the end of that lurking period.

Still, it's not as bad as a certain mailing list were on. The combination of in-group jargon, massive use of technical vocabulary, not to mention in-group technical vocabulary, has necessiated the compilation of multiple wordlists. Old-timers returning from abscences have been known to ask what new terms have been introduced since last time they were around.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
        It just occured to me that something that might scare newbs away is the amount of private language here. Partly it's the various civ-related terms and expressions, but chiefly the wanton jargonism of A/C and OT. We'll have to start offering courses in Apolytonian soon ...
        *cough*Apolyton Dictionary*cough*

Comment

• Dang it, Kucinich. I made that avatar for Rhothaerill on MZO and now that I posted it on Apolyton and you're using it, I think you're Rhothaerill whenever I see your posts until I notice that it's Apolyton not MZO and you have "Kucinich" next to each of your posts.

Don't get me wrong, though. Personally, I find a certain humor in that you have Ronnie for an avatar and the last name of Dennis the Menace (that was his nickname when he royally messed up the city's finances as Mayor of Cleveland ) as your nick.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• The Reagen died a few days ago

Comment

• That's why we're making small-minded jokes about him.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                That's why we're making small-minded jokes about him.
                I have come to expect nothing better of the OTF...
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                X