This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proposed Benefit of Plus Membership

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove or reduce the stupid sucky NINETY (90!) second flood control on PMs. Almost every day I end up twiddling my thumbs for a minute or more - for each message, which can add up to a quarter of an hour wasted each day - as I go through my PM box.

I mean WHY is it there anyway? I find most PMs I send and recieve are very short, and take less than 20 seconds to type.

My suggestion anyway. Makes Plus even more worth having

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Re: A Proposed Benefit of Plus Membership

Originally posted by Jamski
    I mean WHY is it there anyway?
    For the same reason that there's flood control. To control the load on the database by controlling the amount of requests sent to the database.

Comment

Hasn't the PM flood control been removed already a few months ago? At least I can't remember running into it lately, despite sending a same PM to more than five people (thus requiring more than one PM) from time to time.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Nope. I get it everyday

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Weird. I suppose I'm just a slow guy then.
          (Or we must be travelling in different time frames. )
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Yeah...I've won free plus time, but the only thing I've really noticed is the larger avatar (which I could easily go without).
            If Plus had benefits that made Apolyton easier and better to use (Larger PM boxes, no lag between PMs, upload rule relaxed, etc) then I would get it.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Maybe we should put together a list of benefits we think should be added?

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                Yeah...I've won free plus time, but the only thing I've really noticed is the larger avatar (which I could easily go without).
                If Plus had benefits that made Apolyton easier and better to use (Larger PM boxes, no lag between PMs, upload rule relaxed, etc) then I would get it.
                There are larger PM boxes (300 instead of 150) and the upload option's better (larger files allowed and 50% more storage space).

Comment

Yeah, I like the larger PM boxes, and the upload space.

Plus, no annoying popups or ads in people's posts.

It's remarkable how much more enjoyable things can be.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OR maybe the ability to send to more than 5 receipients at once via pm.

Comment

I would like to see how many posts everyone posted in a certain thread or forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni

There are larger PM boxes (300 instead of 150) and the upload option's better (larger files allowed and 50% more storage space).
                        But I'm talking about relaxed rules.
                        For example, I think we should make it legal to put up pictures of any game, especially if we're playing it here on Apolyton.
                        Also, perhaps plus members can be warned before their banned for uploading an image that the mods think is illegal
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Re: A Proposed Benefit of Plus Membership

Originally posted by Jamski
                          [..]

I mean WHY is it there anyway? [..]
                          As Zopperoni has already stated, the time delay between private message (PM) sending is for flood control purposes.

While the suggestion you have made and interest you have taken is appreciated Jamski, the answer is no.

----------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS
                          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                          X