Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once they realize we are not seriously discussing the merits of removing the edit post feature.

And there are many merits to doing so.

oh who am I kidding. There is only 1 reason to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns

No, just because he failed to notice an own goal doesn't mean that one did not occur. Surely he noticed my original post that he quoted was facetious enough not to be serious. I can understand non-native English speakers taking the post at face-value, but you and BC? I have to say, I am disappointed.
      It's not an own goal because it wasn't a question...

Comment

• /me hits Frozzy with a technicality
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• shameful admission. I never really understood this own goal thing.

I just pretend to understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            * Skanky Burns hits Frozzy with a technicality

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
              shameful admission. I never really understood this own goal thing.

I just pretend to understand it.
              Hopefully not being too basic here. Its derived from a football/soccer expression which means to score a goal for the wrong team. In the boards adaptation it means to say something that self-implicates, contradicts your position or otherwise makes you look an idiot.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• It's always in a question form (e.g. What is the fruit of Apolyton), and anyone who says "Banana" has conceded "100-0" to whoever asked the question.

However, you can set off the "trap" by simply stating "Own Goal".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

And I think Spike was accusing me of not being on the ball.
                  That's pretty close to an own goal since I was supporting you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
                    And I think Spike was accusing me of not being on the ball.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

That's pretty close to an own goal since I was supporting you.
                      Its closer to being a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frozzy
                        It's always in a question form (e.g. What is the fruit of Apolyton), and anyone who says "Banana" has conceded "100-0" to whoever asked the question.
                        And that's about as childish as saying "Umm, not 'llowed to same umm!". Cue next child to repeat phrase. Repeat ad nauseum or until teacher enters room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos

If you leave out one-person elections in the democracy games, you're probably right... that said, I doubt that even any of the very lopsided one-person elections got a FIFTY-ONE to three vote.... and I'd have to dig through far too many threads to find out for sure.
                          Be careful when generalizing. I remember in the first ACDG when Archaic ran uncontested for some post or other. He lost to "Banana".
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President
                            Be careful when generalizing. I remember in the first ACDG when Archaic ran uncontested for some post or other. He lost to "Banana".
                            Wow, and here I thought the only election where anyone ever lost to the banana was panag in the Civ3 Democracy Game (I believe he lost to the banana more than once, actually).
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• hi ,

been asked , been answered , and why on earth would we change something as good as that , ....

shoot those three who voted yes

and the one who voted fruit , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by panag
                                and the one who voted fruit , .....

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X