Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So foreign languages are banned in threads?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're Canadian- aren't you required to by law?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      People who post in a foreign language in this thread are just ASKING to be restricted...
      Okay, point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
        The very concept of "foreign language" show us how self-centered are you, ParkAvenue.

This site is not american or english. If I recall it correctly, one owner is from Canada and the other from Greek, so "foreign languages" would be anything but Greek, English and French.

So would you like to ban any other language but allow Greek signature?
        It's not self-centered (though I think he's being a stickler for arguing over sigs), because English-only actually is the rule, plus, even if it wasn't, it's the de facto language of 'Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Est-ce bien si nous traduisons cette passages?

[Is it okay if we provide simultaneous translations?]
          The word "simultaneous" does not appear in the French sentence. Do you have something to hide, BK?

Comment

Do you have something to hide, BK?
            Je ne sais pas le mot pour "simultaneous" en francais.

[Do you really need a translation for this?]
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
              It's Snapcase's sig that offends me.
              If you mean Buck Birdseed's sig I can't see why it would offend anyone. It is just a ad for a radioshow in Umeå
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                Est-ce bien si nous traduisons cette passages?

[Is it okay if we provide simultaneous translations?]
                Like this?

"Ming est un bâtard"

[Ming is a great loveable mod]

(nothing serious Ming, but I am sure you know this one sentence, so that's why I use it )
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Which highlights quite well why allowing translations as well is somewhat dangerous.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ming nous fait confiance absolument.

[Ming trusts us]
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Right
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To ensure that swear filters will work we could make it so that people would have to use identifiers such as [spanish] [/spanish]. To be fair, English users would have to use the same for their language and they'd have to be specific [ukenglish] [/ukenglish], etc
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Tittybiscuits to that.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Kucinich

It's not self-centered (though I think he's being a stickler for arguing over sigs), because English-only actually is the rule, plus, even if it wasn't, it's the de facto language of 'Poly.
                            But the rest of languages are not "foreign". I'm not saying this is not a English-speaken site, I'm saying that there is no "national" and "foreign" languages. And I wouldn't have complianed about the word "foreign" has anyother but PA used it... But I'm afraid of knowing what the word "foreign" means for PA....
                            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I don't think one should respond to a troll with serious points. So [ukenglish]tittybiscuits indeed [/ukenglish].

Comment

There should be an auto translate button so all posts appear in 7 differetn languages. Just what this site needs.
                                CSPA

Comment

Working...
                                X