No announcement yet.

Important: PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip - I turn notification ON and I get no emails... Perhaps between us we could come up with a perfect account?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Don't you end up with subscription for any thread you post in? I cleared mine and for a short time no msgs. Soon I noticed I was subscribed to a bunch more.

Comment

I thought as long as the service was enabled and there were threads you were subscribed to you would get mails. If either condition is not met then you shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Don't you end up with subscription for any thread you post in? I cleared mine and for a short time no msgs. Soon I noticed I was subscribed to a bunch more.
          You must change this option in your control panel.

Change the "use email notification by default" option to NO, and you win
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I changed my email about a month or two ago and my account was disactivated until I clicked on the reactivation link sent me.

Now I just checked my profile and it has reverted back to my old email address!

I'll change it tonight when I get home, but I thought you'd like to know.

Comment

Thanks Spiffor. I don't mind the emails. I just wanted to get unsubscribed to threads that have not been updated for a long time. So now I know how to do that.

Comment

Oh well, my problem is quite easily solved by simply putting all Apolyton mail on my blocked list...

Comment

Post a screenie of your settings - there must be something amis there somewhere.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Trip,
                    Log out, flush your cookies, log in again and check the settings. If you have email notification disabled you should no longer receive any updates after that.

Failing that, you could just use the 'Unsubscribe From All Threads' option in the subscribed threads list (click on 'View All Subscribed Threads' to get there)
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I found out what happened to my notifications. AOL's spam filter blocked them . Not sure why it chose to block them now as I had received them before with no problem.
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                        Trip,
                        Log out, flush your cookies, log in again and check the settings. If you have email notification disabled you should no longer receive any updates after that.

Failing that, you could just use the 'Unsubscribe From All Threads' option in the subscribed threads list (click on 'View All Subscribed Threads' to get there)
                        You don't think I've done that before at least once in the last year and a half, even unrelated to this?

I have it set to no, trust me Skanky...

Like I said, simple fix, just ban all Apolyton mail.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          I've already directed a couple of perplexed posters here. Both of them rather important in DGs too - Impaler and Paddy. I hope we can get their privileges restored soon - I have got them to fix their profile emails.
                          Indeed. Trip isn't all that important anyhow.
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Mad Bomber, I love your avatar

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                            I've had the same email account since 1989.

Comment

Arnelos where have you been?!!! Please report to the Hive immediately! We need our Ambassador!
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I have no email account these days.

I will take the listed one off my profile but I haven't another to replace it.

(No I don't want a generic account to pile spam up).
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X