Important: PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Expect the number of active posters to be decimated, 10 times over, shortly.
    perhpas jsut the inactive posters will disapper along with a lot of DLs... not that most Dls dont hav evalid email addresses too as most of us have multiple email adreeses nowadays...
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

How is testing for inactive email addresses done? If someone has set up their profile such that Poly doesn't send any emails to them automatically, would their inactive email address theoretically not be noticed?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If someone has set up their profile such that Poly doesn't send any emails to them automatically, would their inactive email address theoretically not be noticed?
        correct

the problem is that we get tons of bounced back email every single day. we are looking into ending this problem, nothing else....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

yes so your dls are safe for now skanky .....

hoepfully soon markos will send a auto emial to all users and any failure to repsond will be auto ban ....

Comment

I mean that I receive mails in the main folder (the inbox) of my hotmail account, but also some of them are send to the junk box.

I have realised that it happens just with the threads in the Spanish PEBM Sub-Forum. No other threads from elsewere is affected by this.

Please, fix it or tell me what to do.

Thanks for your support

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
            Indiana Jones
            Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

I mean that I receive mails in the main folder (the inbox) of my hotmail account, but also some of them are send to the junk box.
              ah, that's how hotmail separates real mail from spam.

i dont think there is anything i can do....

Comment

I have been regularly receiving email thread updates, but around 3pm yesterday they stopped coming...about 33 hours now. My listed addy in the profile has always been correct; and, I haven't changed anything.

Can anyone explain this?? I miss my updates (and the elephant sound-from the game-that they make arriving ).

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

The feature intermittently stops working for no discernible reason. I've seen it lots of times. 33 hours is quite long though.

Comment

i dont have many emai lupdates set, but tthe one si do have appear to be working still....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      ah, that's how hotmail separates real mail from spam.

i dont think there is anything i can do....
                      If you are using yahoo/msn you can configure the SPAM-settings. But it has nothing to do with Polly. This time they are innocent

If you click on the Bulk-folder, it shall open it and you shall see somewhere the settings option, you can actually switch the SPAM-guard off all the way.

If you need more help, let me know.

Comment

see if you make emails from certain adresses always be marked as non-spam....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          no apolyton user has ever goten spam due to his registration on apolyton. i fail to understand how you got that idea.
                          That may or not be true, I dont know (since I never checked email at that address - and now it's dead)

What I have seen is that I receive spam with words in the subject that can only have been gleaned from my posts here at poly.

The interesting thing is that I get that type of spam at my home (ISP) address.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                            What I have seen is that I receive spam with words in the subject that can only have been gleaned from my posts here at poly.

The interesting thing is that I get that type of spam at my home (ISP) address.
                            well given that you have not entered your isp address in your profile, please tell me how you find it possible that we are relared to your spam

Comment

I never received any SPAM because of posting here, but maybe you once posted your e-mail address in a forum and this might have been picked up and now you are getting spammed. I heard that there are programs around, which search the web for addresses and the spam the user.

Comment

the first post contains a list of people affected by the policy

Comment

Working...
                                X