Important: PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derhehehehe.

Last time I checked was 6 months ago, at least. How many people keep the same email account for years on end, AND give that addy to sites they register at on a whim?

I know, I'm a freak and mine still works, but only cause MS still has some inkling of conquering the internet by giving me a service for free, and I use that addy for other things.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh this is going to be classic. I await the whining threads with anticipation.

Comment

...The whining threads started by DL's as the main logins will have been banned.
        Although I guess some of the people who get banned will figure it out eventually.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

This must affect loads of people........Mark and co are going to have lots of work to do unbanning all those people.

Say, does this mean inactive posters that don't respond will be removed from the members list?

Comment

I await the whining threads with anticipation
            since they wont be able to post there wont be any whining.

seriously, i havent started banning any account(except from 1-2) and am leaving some time for people to read the announcement and the news. if someone doesnt notice these things, i cant do much about it.

does this mean inactive posters that don't respond will be removed from the members list?
            they wont be showing up, correct.
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Great, now I can either have ****loads of spam sent to an email address I actually use or leave poly. Brilliant.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                I await the whining threads with anticipation
                since they wont be able to post there wont be any whining.

But what about when they come back? You know better than to think they will all say "actually the notice was there and I should have updated my address"

Also, before the actual banning starts you might have some, uh, comments.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                  Great, now I can either have ****loads of spam sent to an email address I actually use or leave poly. Brilliant.
                  I don't receive spam through my forum email account.

/me knocks on wood.

Comment

Your address is not publically available anywhere AFAIK (regardless of whether or not you check that option in the profile). It used to be (ages ago) but it no longer is.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I've always been using my main e-mail address on 'poly and never got any e-mail apart from the occasional "Your PM box is full"

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm not sure I will either (I'm just stirring the pot) but the account that I use for PBEM (and just changed to here) receives none, unlike my home accounts that receive tons. I guess I'll forward anything that turns up to MarKG. I'm sure he wont mind.
                        Last edited by SpencerH; March 28, 2004, 10:30.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

no apolyton user has ever goten spam due to his registration on apolyton. i fail to understand how you got that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Your address is not publically available anywhere AFAIK (regardless of whether or not you check that option in the profile). It used to be (ages ago) but it no longer is.
                            email addresses where never publicly availiable. the option in the profile is just on whether someone can acess a form that will allow him to send you email or not. not that he will see your address...

Comment

Mark, I have updated my profile (didn't changed my email, just opened the profile and clicked on "update") but I recieve now notification email in the normal way and in the junk box oif hotmail??. How is that possible?.

Any ideas?
                              Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
                              Indiana Jones
                              Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

I have updated my profile
                                was the email address in your profile working? if yes, you didnt need to do anything

I recieve now notification email in the normal way and in the junk box oif hotmail??
                                what do you mean by "normal way"?

Comment

Working...
                                X