Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anybody else being logged out automatically?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody else being logged out automatically?

I seem to be getting logged out every 5 minutes or so. annoying.

Sometimes, maybe a couple of times a week.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Very rarely.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This happens much more frequently if you don't have cookies activated. Try activating cookies (or just allow the specific ones that Apolyton uses for ID) and that should at least alleviate the problem. I still get disconnected if I'm writing a monster post for an RP thread or something, but otherwise it's fine.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Not while here. On occasion I'll return and not be logged in automatically.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Not when using Opera. Mozilla seems to enjoy doing it though. :shrug:
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              Not when using Opera. Mozilla seems to enjoy doing it though. :shrug:
              Yes I'll confirm that, even with all the cookies. Although I haven't used IE for a week now, when I was using it I hadn't had a logging-out instance for months.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

It didn't happen to me once in many months. Lately though it happens every now and again randomly, no matter what your cookie settings. Many people have reported it.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes it happens quite often, then it doesn't happen for months..
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I have all cookies activated, but it still happens once every few months.

Its no big deal, except for the frantic search for my password list!
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

You haven't got your ACS password memorised, heretic?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You've got more then 1 password Heretic ?

(ok, my e-mail and genereal connection is different too )
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

well it seem okay now. Just something about last night...

Comment

You haven't got your ACS password memorised, heretic?
                            Burn him!

As for logging out, fairly often, but then I clear my cookies every couple of days.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                            X