No announcement yet.

40000 Apolytoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at those graphs....RON seems to be responsible for an increase in traffic, etc etc...

interesting.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Has the average of about 1000 active posters a day changed significantly?

Comment

They's isn't tables!

They's is graphs!

Comment

Nice work, Locutus. Awesome, in fact.

And: CONGRATULATIONS, APOLYTON.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Good work Locutus!

-
            (and of course, apolyton )
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              Active posters (this one's for DrSpike ):
              About 850 posters posted in the last week
              About 1300 posters posted in the last month
              About 2300 posters posted in the last 3 months

Oh, and:

Comment

Cool stuff, Locutus. I've always been a great fan of little graphs like the Growth of forum logins (with major events) one.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

40 000...
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

We should send an email to all posters (or all posters with no posts that registered more than a week ago) and any who don't reply that they want to keep the account, delete.

Comment

Might as well.

Good work AH!

Seems the growth rate after RON has started to level. Let's hope Settler 2 can keep up.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        We should send an email to all posters (or all posters with no posts that registered more than a week ago) and any who don't reply that they want to keep the account, delete.
                        And after the effort of sending this mass-email (spam, if you will) to everyone registered, and then compiling a list of everyone who did reply, the admins then carefully delete those who did not respond. This must be done very carefully, as selecting the poster above or the poster below will likely remove someone here who is active.

Then, after all that effort, the benefit this site receives is . . . ?
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Then, after all that effort, the benefit this site receives is . . . ?
                          It's likely that an easier script for the kind of thing would be possible. But the whole thing just seems icky, and even if there is a script it wouldn't be worth writing it--you only have to have so much database space per dead login. (In addition, the more posters we have, the more "established" people will think we are, even if only a tenth of those posters are active.)
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Thats the point though. No matter how great a programmer you are, you still won't be able to beat no risk and no effort, which is what just leaving these names alone will take.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Another way of doing could be to delete all posters/logins who have not logged on to Apolyton in the last two years.

But the benefit would be minimal, since the vast majority of posters have registered during the last two years.

I say leave it alone

Asmodean
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Poly has increased sevenfold since I registered. I still remember when Geography Dan posted the 6000 thread.

I complement Locotus on his nice graphs.
                                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X