Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will/When Apolyton got another server?

This summer I have had a lot of problems with getting to Apolyton because of the server. It has been extremely loady and we don't get avatars. So will Apolyton get another server? Or will they just get a completely new better one? If they can't until they get enough money, how close are they to getting enough money for one?
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

They won't get another one. At best, they'll upgrade the current one should sufficient funds come through.

Comment

another thread on this?

Comment

/me wonders when the mods will arrive

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          another thread on this?
          The peoples demand that Apolyton be stable!!
          Attached Files
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I find it ironic that Tassadar likens Apolyton's server to the former USSR.

Both were very unstable.

Comment

Frozzy
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

John, there are several threads in this forum discussing Dan/Mark's possible plans to raise extra funding for 'Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
                  I find it ironic that Tassadar likens Apolyton's server to the former USSR.

Both were very unstable.
                  Nah, the USSR only went down once in 80+ years

Comment

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Who wants to see 12 years of downtime?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yep... another server thread... just what we need

Find another thread to continue this... shouldn't be too tough.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X