No announcement yet.

Will Avatars ever return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To compensate, I think I'll wander around the forums and collect a nifty rectangle of badges like CivGen and Apoc. Then who needs an avatar?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Without avatars, I'm forced to look at names more. It used to be that I would catch a person's avatar in my peripheral vision while reading their post, and know who it was I was reading.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        Own goal.

Like lamb to slaughter.

Comment

I hope so. I got some good ideas for new avatars

I"m drunk so these may not be good ideas.

I was watching the mae4tallic dvd over and over, and they have a canada flag with metallica spary painted over it. That is what I want fo r my avatar. I call it fisrt, so you guys can't use it.

hetfield also has a cool grey iron crooss on his guitar which I was thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
            Avatars have been disabled for the time being, but not permanently -- they will return at some point as they have in the past. Given recent traffic load observations, if they stay more or less consistent as in recent days, I would say by the end of the first week of July avatars will at least make a brief re-appearance again. That is to say, the re-appearance will only be "brief" if a suddenly begun and prolonged, significant load on the server is generated thereafter.

----------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            Thanks Dan. Now I just have to look out for that brief window to put my customized avatar in.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

You should be able to put it in now. You can view it on your control panel or at the main page, apolyton.net. It's everyone else that can't see it for now.

Comment

No, I can't. When I tried it, I got this message:

Forum Message
                The administrator has disabled the use of avatars.

Not that I've found a good customized avatar yet. So this is just as good to give me some more time.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Without avatars, I'm forced to look at names more. It used to be that I would catch a person's avatar in my peripheral vision while reading their post, and know who it was I was reading.
                  And help me if they are all Canadians!

/me misses Ben Kenobi avatar.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Right now, my main way of identifying people is signatures. Too few nationalities represented for flags to be of any use.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I used to be able to tell where my last post in a thread was (and hence, where to start reading) by the big star destroyer. Now I can't

Comment

You guys think YOU miss avatars?

Try typing ACK! at the end of every post without Bill the Cat to back it up!

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I used to recognize panag by his avatar, now I use the "have a nice day"

I've ALWAYS recognized you by the "ack" though, as the smiley is colorful, so it stands out

Comment

missed them at first, now not so much.
                            badams

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                              Right now, my main way of identifying people is signatures. Too few nationalities represented for flags to be of any use.
                              Have you tried looking at their names?

Comment

Yeah, like that would work.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X