This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users registered in 1970

I'm curious. I see some users who have 1970 as there "join date".

Is this the earliest anyone has registered? Is 1970 the year Apolyton was created?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

when the old forum merged with the new form, the old members got a fubar registerred date.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Apolyton is actually run by a small group of Illuminati with access to a time machine.

Comment

Actually it's a rest from the first forum software which didn't record the registration date. During the time of UBB these users had a registration date stating before some day which I don't remeber, but since the upgrade to vBulletin they have had the registration date of the dawn of computertime.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

...which is the 1st of January 1970. Any 1969 join dates you see are because of time-zone differences, where a few hours have been taken off.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is this the official moving avatar thread?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Animated Civ3 avatars are so passe...

Comment

Actually the Unix era started at 18.00, on 31st December 1969, to be precise.

/me goes back to his lurking corner with Gopher and Archie.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

All you really need to know is that us posters with these really early registration dates are very important and are to be highly respected.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

While reg dates are important, there are other things I find more important in regards to keeping my respect (you don't need to earn my respect it's given, but what you do may cause you to lose it).

Originally posted by Ixnay

Animated Civ3 avatars are so passe...
                    I wholeheartedly agree
                    Last edited by badams52; May 16, 2003, 10:42.
                    badams

Comment

badams:

What is your opinion on animated Civ2 avatars?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                        What is your opinion on animated Civ2 avatars?
                        I've only seen once
                        the trirreme sunking...
                        Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                        Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                        miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

The actual date was Feb 15, 1999. Apolyton had been run on the free version of UBB, and when they decided to ante up for the pay version with more features the registration dates weren't carried over. DanQ changed his date but admins had no interest in changing ~2000 registrations extant at the time.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I could have been one of the 1970 posters, it was just a matter of days...
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Will someone fix the Y1.97K bug that the server move caused? I was suddenly several years younger, and I can't change it. Join date is when I deserved it, which is exactly when I registered...
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X