• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski

Did you actually read this thread?

It explains why images don't work.

ACK!
    No, I'd say he did read this thread but you didn't read his post very carefully (and neither did Ming).

I have the same problem as Static, attachment or no attachment. Right-clikcking images posted in the forums and clicking 'save image' doesn't work. I usually solve this by using copy/paste to paste the images to PSP and save them from there, but it's rather annoying.

And yes, thanks to Markos for restoring the image display
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

No, I'd say he did read this thread but you didn't read his post very carefully (and neither did Ming).

I have the same problem as Static, attachment or no attachment. Right-clikcking images posted in the forums and clicking 'save image' doesn't work. I usually solve this by using copy/paste to paste the images to PSP and save them from there, but it's rather annoying.

And yes, thanks to Markos for restoring the image display
      Thanks for the verification (and for completely reading my post).
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Name, rank, and service number OS and browser.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I don't know what that is Ted, I'm from Oregon remember.

Keep up the good fight though, I'm behind you 100%!

(In a good way)
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I suggest we conclusively deal with this issue through the use of several polls and related topic threads. . .

I would also suggest that we form a club called "Save the Endangered Mouse Finger Society".

Think of the poor mouse finger

Oh, the humanity

Comment

Markos, there's a problem attaching pictures.

The picture type is not sent to the browser, so all pictures are treated as "untitled.bmp" and never cached.

Comment

It's probably a browser problem.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

it's a browser issue

on mozilla, images are properly saved as jpg
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So you're saying people should just not use IE while visting 'poly?

An admirable attitude, if user-unfriendly
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Here's two Microsoft "Knowledge" Base articles about the problem.

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
                      Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format

I've tried what they recommend without much success, and am suspicious because the only site I have image downloading problems with is Poly.
                      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

It's not just 'Poly. This problem can crop up when you use IE to download images from any website.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

It's not just 'Poly. This problem can crop up when you use IE to download images from any website.

hi ,

, never had a problem with it before using IE , .... not 5.5 or 6 , .....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

it's a browser issue

on mozilla, images are properly saved as jpg

I'm still pretty sure that the problem lies in the fact that Apolyton does not properly identify the type of image files (image/jpeg etc) to the browser, or something of this sort.

This problem recurred when there were changes made to the attachment mechanism, and was subsequently fixed every time other changes were made.

You can't declare it's a browser problem, because some browsers may be more demanding on specifications.

Comment

I'm using IE6/Win98SE and none of the images from Poly are being cached. I can imagine that if many other IE users are experiencing the same situation, it's creating an unnecessary load on the server and is worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe
                                I'm using IE6/Win98SE and none of the images from Poly are being cached. I can imagine that if many other IE users are experiencing the same situation, it's creating an unnecessary load on the server and is worth looking into.
                                That seems implausible, because caching is again a browser issue. The website can't tell the browser not to cache something.

Comment

Working...
                                X