X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    let's make avatars attachments too!
    How about the text?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't like this at all
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I don't like either - just thought I'd make my op-onion felt.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It's not that bad... but the image could at least appear in a pop-up window...

... or not, considering how many people hate pop-ups.

Hm, I think I don't like this at all.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Don't like it...
            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
              Yeah, let's make Horsie an attachment too! Now as we are optimising everything.
              horsie is just a simple shell script. he wouldn't work as an attachment.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I can't even view those attachments at all in Konqueror, I get a message telling that I'm unauthorized. I checked the HTTP headers and it seems that Konqueror doesn't send the bbuserid field of the cookie... hm. This probably means a bug report at kde.org... although it does seem like the cause could be rather obscure.

I'll dump the headers here for reference:

Mozilla (works):
                GET /go.php?forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1975846 HTTP/1.1
                Host: apolyton.net
                User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030501
                Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,video/x-mng,image/png,image/jpeg,image/gif;q=0.2,*/*;q=0.1
                Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
                Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,compress;q=0.9
                Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
                Keep-Alive: 300
                Connection: keep-alive
                Referer: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=85351
                Cookie: bbuserid=4145; bblastvisit=1051904482; acscount2=1; PUT_rydium=general; sessionhash=e2ddd6117e6e3c74c13ca3f6e171ff39
                Konqueror (doesn't work):
                GET /go.php?forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1975846 HTTP/1.1
                Connection: Keep-Alive
                User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.1; Linux 2.5.69; X11; i686)
                Referer: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=85351
                Accept: text/*, image/jpeg, image/png, image/*, */*
                Accept-Encoding: x-gzip, x-deflate, gzip, deflate, identity
                Accept-Charset: iso-8859-15, utf-8;q=0.5, *;q=0.5
                Accept-Language: en, fi
                Host: apolyton.net
                Cookie: PUT_twa1=general; sessionhash=03a35a25785a7857eb3d24446575561f; netfrMTX=general; PT_herotech=general; bblastvisit=1046875800; acscount2=1; acscount3=1
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Poor Ari that you have to be without picture attachments in Konqueror now. Hopefully Markos will implement the old system again soon.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Yeah, let's make Horsie an attachment too! Now as we are optimising everything.

Now, Markos, this is one of the worst ideas you've had .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It certainly makes SLeague Graphics Showcases interesting.

I dislike it. You can't even use the "Back" button, because it takes you back to the redirect screen, which takes you forward again (+1 popup).

Use Opera. It's the only browser that always lets you use the back button (even on evil SSL sites that try their best to disallow that feature).
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Why not put everybody on everyone's ignore lists, so that when you read a thread you have to click on each post to open it up and read it?

Comment

Can we put ourselves on ignore? Nothing worse than reading a really boring post and suddenly realizing it was your own.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                            Can we put ourselves on ignore? Nothing worse than reading a really boring post and suddenly realizing it was your own.
                            Can't say that I've ever experienced this phenomenon. Must just be you.

Comment

Isn't there an option for this in the CP if you like it? Does the images take that mush on the server load?
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Ming closed my thread and pointed me here.

Whenever I try to save an image on Poly it only gives me the option to save it as "untitled.bmp". All other sites work just fine as far as saving images. I use IE 6.

For example, I try to save a smilie, I get "untitled.bmp." I try to save an avatar, I get "untitled.bmp."

It caused me some confusion the other day trying to create some civgroup icon for ACDG when I though TKG was posting BMPs and they were really gifs.
                                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                                X