This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images appearing as attachments?

Weird... images in threads are now appearing as attachments, instead of the image itself. I mean ALL images, not only .bmp files. gifs, jpgs, whatever. Is this some new feature? Does anyone notice this?

Here's a screenshot from the Picture Thread:
    Attached Files
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

hm, it happened with my pic too.

Comment

it's a test
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

oh, ok. I don't know if I like it, it surely improves loading time, especially on those heavier threads, but on the other hand it makes things more complicated.

Comment

We'll have to see if it significantly improves the server's speed I suppose
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't like it. I hate having to click to see everything I want to.

Comment

I think this will just make more people use the upload feature to get the images to show up inline using the "img" tags. I think that's a good idea overall, but I still prefer to see them inline.
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I dislike it. You can't even use the "Back" button, because it takes you back to the redirect screen, which takes you forward again (+1 popup).
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Usually I upload my pictures over FTP before posting and then just add them with the [IMG] tag.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                    I don't like it. I hate having to click to see everything I want to.
                    If possible, I would like to choose to be able to see images loaded automatically.
                    Sure, this feature is probably great for 56kers, but annoying for the rest of us.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Dislike it as well. Boooooo!
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You guys all have it wrong.

He's not testing to see whether or not people like it.

He's testing to see how many people complain about it!!!

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

. I have a 56k modem but i still don't like it. How about you make it an option to not show images but let those that want to see them see them?

Comment

I hate it... sigh...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I hate it too...
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
                              X