This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Static Universe
    Ming closed my thread and pointed me here.

Whenever I try to save an image on Poly it only gives me the option to save it as "untitled.bmp". All other sites work just fine as far as saving images. I use IE 6.

For example, I try to save a smilie, I get "untitled.bmp." I try to save an avatar, I get "untitled.bmp."

It caused me some confusion the other day trying to create some civgroup icon for ACDG when I though TKG was posting BMPs and they were really gifs.
    Did you actually read this thread?

It explains why images don't work.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

This is bad. Very bad. Especially in the Sleague forum, where screenshot attachment and attached units are by the thousand.

Comment

I don't like it either.

Don't we have enough clicking in our lives now

Comment

Yeah, I thought I was the only one, what's up with that?

Comment

Did I miss something? This is a change to help those with slow connections at the expense of a significant number of people with good connections? No options, just take it or leave it? Did I hear CivFan?

MarkG, I've liked the job you've done in the past, but not this. If there's an economic or server reliability argument behind this, let us know what you face.
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

As the community seems divided over this, perhaps someone should make a poll on this subject
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                As the community seems divided over this, perhaps someone should make a poll on this subject
                I'll be the sacrificial lamb, on the condition that if I am banned and get a PCR, everybody donates 5 posts to me.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

not only don't like it, but I hate it as well

Comment

I'm surprised noone has raised branching threads yet.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Good old Horsie, spams at every opportunity he gets.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This attachment thing sucks MarkG.

Please turn the pictures back on.

You just took a colorful Picasso painting and ran it through a Xerox machine.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I fully support both positions.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Are you saying you hit it from the front to the back doggystyle Lance?
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

He's a wannabe troll. So, yes.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Thanks to Markos for restoring the image attachment display.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X