Membership by country ( country flag)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership by country ( country flag)

I thought I'd try this membership search by country (country flag) on this new server.

And it works. I couldn't get the search to work on the previous server or it was taking too long that I gave up.

The idea was to explore the possibility of national championships, or national/country teams pbem games; in my partcular interest SMAC/X.

An Apolyton Olympics so to speak. (I realise you can be a national team within Civ, but this was different).

I am glad the search works and it is interesting to see membership stats by nationality? ( I know/ think you can designate your own flag of allegience so not necessarily accurate to residency).

It even gives you some idea how current national members are.

If this capability was present on the previous server but just was inoperable or very very very slow, let me know.

If it is just my ancient computer it is useful to know that too.

I am not sure if I could rustle up an Irish team as was my original reason for exploring but a Irish/British Isles team could be a possibility.

On the otherhand 'Poly is so international in ethos, this may not be in keeping with the proper spirit of things.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

It must have been your old compy, Herc. I've used this feature before. Could I join a Irish team - I have no Irish blood, but I had an Irish g/f once - does that count? I like Guiness and Paddy Whiskey too

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Blast! I thought I was providing an information service to the community here.

Update: looking for detail list of United Kingdom and United States members throws up ' Bad request' message. Also for the Vatican city membership.

So the Pope plays Civ. That 's why he visits all those countries and post edicts. He wants to reach Deity

OK War of Art edited.

Yes Clicking on flags works for US and others I presume
      Last edited by Hercules; April 30, 2003, 11:58.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Just click on a flag icon to view all the members who have that flag selected.

The list is sorted by post count and allows us to see that Hercules has the highest post count of anyone with the Irish flag, and is the only King. Dan Magaha from Firaxis is third on the list.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Vacation City eh? I think I went there for a holiday once I'm pretty sure the problem with the UK and USA is that there are sooooo many posters from those countrys. The other problem is because of all the pope's Double Logins

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It would make a good poll to see how many people actually live in or have citizenship in the country whose flag they use.

I for one don't, but my excuse is that I'm just lost.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

My situation and excuse is the same as yours.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I've never heard of a Gibraltar triangle.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd advise you to stay away from here then. Do you think I'd be stuck here if I'd heard of it beforehand?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    I'd advise you to stay away from here then. Do you think I'd be stuck here if I'd heard of it beforehand?

Well, I actually am from Brazil and I live in Brazil.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I have the flag of the country that I live in. I tried to be interesting before, but apparently Markos doesn't like the country of "Darlek"s.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        I have the flag of the country that I live in. I tried to be interesting before, but apparently Markos doesn't like the country of "Darlek"s.
                        I'm glad you stopped trying to be interesting.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

:badpunwarning:

Now he's just interested in being trying.

Comment

Obviously a tried and true habit.

I'm a Canuck. Seriously, the Apolyton olympics sounds like an interesting idea if we can round up enough non-Americans to participate.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Or Americans who've chosen odd flags 'coz of some political thingy or the flag looks cool.

Free East Timor!!

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X