• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for the OT

I would like to be able to make more threads than twice a day

I think that we should be able to save up threads by not making them

I know that most the time I dont' want to make a thread

but sometimes, I want to make 3 or 4

why can't I save up the threads I didnt' make?

we could ahe a cap on it, like 5 per day

so if I did not make any threads for two months

than I could make 5 per day for 1.5 months

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Too easily abused. Why don't you PM a friendly member to post something for you?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Didn't even know there were such a cap
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: Suggestion for the OT

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        I would like to be able to make more threads than twice a day

I know that most the time I dont' want to make a thread

but sometimes, I want to make 3 or 4

why can't I save up the threads I didnt' make?

we could ahe a cap on it, like 5 per day

Jon Miller

More threads per day would be a godsend.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

i have an idea for the OT, a postcount++;

personally, i see the reasoning behind a 2 thread cap, but i'd make it something like 2 ever 12 hours, or something

gives me a reason to stay up.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

The rule was made because a few posters abused it. It gives the Mods a chance to keep the OT less cluttered. The limit is not hardcoded, so making a more complex rule would be hard to police.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Question about the 2 threads per day, how is this calculated?

Is it 2 for 24 hours after starting the first or on a specific date. And if on a date, is this calculated by ones own timezone or by 'polytime'

Comment

Sorry, DP
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

If OT had postcount, posters wouldn't come to the Poly boneyard to spam.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    If OT had postcount, posters wouldn't come to the Poly boneyard to spam.

Schhhh... not that loud... otherwise the Mods might change this place to be without postcounts also... and where would you spam then???
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Supressing the postcount here would effectively kill the community forum

I don't think the OT should lift its "2 threads a day" rule altogether, but I think the mods should be able to let a thread continue at their discretion, with some hardcoded limit in the end (even if you only post interesting and informative threads, you cannot make more than 4 or 5 a day, something like that).

I also strongly oppose the postcount++ in the OT. The mods will be much less tolerant to spam, i.e the OT will be much less fun.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

2 threads per day should be kept as a technicality. If someone has more than that many threads that they wish to start and they are of reasonable content (i.e. Not "I was staring at my navel when I noticed...." type threads) there is no reason why they should not be allowed to start them.

And as obiwan says, if you really are bursting your pants and have to start a thread, just PM someone to start it for you.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                          Schhhh... not that loud... otherwise the Mods might change this place to be without postcounts also... and where would you spam then???
                          I hear the Dinosaur forum is popular for that sort of sport once in a while.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

hehehe.

Comment

Re: Suggestion for the OT

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Jon Miller
                              Question Asked, and Answered...

There were far more cases of people spamming the OTF with new threads and only a few cases where it seemed justified to start more than 2...
                              So you can blame all the morons for the rule being put in place. And until told differently by the owners, it will stay in place.

I personally like the rule because of what people have done in the past.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X