No announcement yet.

TEAM GAME ANYONE? Signup here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign me up for game #3 too. Turns out most of my other games have stalled to 1 turn a week or so. Seems like everyone's getting hit with the vacation bug, or a bug in their computer, or just the lazy bug.

Comment

The vacation bug... now there's a new one... too many of my games are overly familiar with the lazy bug... *sighs*

Two players for gane #3 now...

I'd like to claim Sparta with a secondary preferance to Hive just for the record.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

In that case Flameflash, you can step in my place for Game #2. I really don't want to play the Spartans if at all possible. ^^;;; I'll reserve Uni for game #3 instead.
        Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Wow! Thanks Archaic!

is that all right with everybody!?

flameflash@mac.com

And are you sure, Archaic? It's always good to know thine enemy.

Comment

I'm certain. Enjoy. ^^;

Comment

Many thanks, Archaic...

All right... Googlie... if you've got your ears on... when you're ready to go, just let me know!

Comment

hmm... well, if people are reserving factions for game 3, then i'll take the gaians. don't play them much, but like to give em a try. they look promising.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash

All right... Googlie... if you've got your ears on... when you're ready to go, just let me know!
                  Duly noted (and I edited the earlier post with the team line-ups

Got sidetracked with this long Canadian weekend, but will get the game shipped out tomorrow

G.

Comment

*happy dance* Many thanks googlie... and happy birthday to Canada to you.

Comment

OK - sorry for the inordinate delay in getting this off the ground.

I have inadvertently deleted my e-mail inbox, so for the Uni's freetech, and for any that want to use a near and dear password, can you again e-mail it to me at:

linfrew@aol.com

Again, abject apologies for the delay

Players again are:

Team #1:
                      HIVE - knowhow2 - lawalan@hotmail.com
                      UoP - Lonestar_jpm - jensjendricke@hotmail.com

Team #2
                      PKs - Comstr - Comstar@optusnet.com.au
                      GAIANS - Ados - stringres@yahoo.com

Team #3
                      SPARTA - FlameFlash – flameflash@mac.com
                      MORGAN - Dilithium Dad - pre@po.cwru.edu

Turn order will be the faction order as appears in SMAC (with the exception that the AI turns after all six human players turn):

Gaians (Team 2)
                      Hive (Team 1)
                      UoP (Team 1)
                      Morgan (Team 3)
                      Sparta (Team 3)
                      Peacekeepers (Team 2)
                      Believers

This actually works out quite well, as each team plays its turns consecutively, allowing an added tactical dimension.

I've set the game up with each pairing having the others maps and commlinks. Let me know by return if you want your starting techs traded in that first turn as well (e.g. Gaians give PKs Cent Ecol so that you can start on a terraformer as soon as you open the turn)

All start with 3 Colony Pods and 3 scouts (Sparta has 2 scouts and the ususal Unity Rover)

Anything else before I lock in the parameters?

Googlie

Comment

yikes, the hive and uofp. that's one nasty combo. will that be the case for game #3?

if so, I'll take the Hive to team with UofP.

Comment

Well, unfortunatly for me, it looks like those teams were created at random for game #2, but if Googlie's willing to let us choose teams this time around like with game #1....

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

A random throw of the official Apolyton CMN dice produced the following teams:

knowhow2 and Lonestar_ipm (Hive and UoP)
                            Comstr and Ados (PKs and Gaians)
                            Flameflash and Dilithium Dad (Sparta and Morgan)

G.
                            Yup - they were random. IMHO, though, they are pretty well balanced as pairs, with offsetting strengths and weaknesses

4th team, of course, is Believers + Planet

G.

Comment

Looking good! Is there a thread started for game #2 yet?

Comment

Not yet - it's usually the last thing I do before sending out the passwords.

Did an extended test last evening (200 turns of two separate factions0 just to see if my Miriam tweaks would hold (problem in single play testing, versus "play all factions" testing, is that pactmates sometimes won't talk)

Was still a bit overpowering in thise tests, so I dumbed her down a bit. I think it will still take decent teamwork to handle her, though - you'll need to find the right buttons to push

As in Game #1, I've disabled techs and AA's from seed pods - you'll have to research your techs. That vastly overpowering (in Multiplay games) SP, the Empath Guild, has also been disabled. Miriam starts with the Planetary DataLinks, so once she has infiltration on 3 factions, watch out

Also, like #1, to ensure she doesn't go exploring with the handful of crawlers I gave her, I made them objectives - the only effect on the game is that it disables the powergraph (or at least reformats it as each faction's power will now be the % objectives achieved) - doesn't affect gameplay or victory conditions - just the information in the powerchart boxes.

G.

Comment

Working...
                                X