Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's cool googlie.

Comment

Hey smhfan86, thanks for volunteering to play Miriam solo. It's a neat idea and would probably be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I think Googlie is absolutely correct that a lone human would unfairly unbalance the game for at least one of the teams.

I'm glad you're signed up for game #2, though.

Comment

I agree with Q's statement above in both regards. Good idea by smhfan86: having played you, I think you would've added a different dimension to the game that an AI cannot bring! However, it was my thought that, what with 6 players already, having a 7th human, would have slowed this game down for all players moreso.

Good luck in #2, smhfan86 (and bad luck in Alam-al-Mithal - your doing too good, there! )!

Comment

you're right darsnan and Q. being a solo playa i woulda went kamakazee on the first faction i met. lol.

btw, i think i have way too many bases in alam, it's a pain checking on each base every turn. however, it is a huge map, so ya gotta have lots of bases.

Comment

I got a hard email bounce on mj_blakemore@uk2.net (Chaunk's address) earlier - I don't know if that is a sign of some flakiness in mine or his mail, but I hope it isn't. Anyone else have trouble with that one?

Comment

I have always used this:

mj_blakemore@uk2.net

no problems, including today. FYI.

D

Comment

Try this as an alternate. I always use both when sending him turns.

chaunk@mail.com

Comment

I talk with him every day and use mj_blakemore@uk2.net

I was O.K. with him today as well...
                  This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

In case of a #2, I'm interested.
                    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Hi knowhow2, welcome.

So far there are 2 interested parties for game #2
                      -smhfan86
                      -knowhow2

Comment

OK - playtest worked well, Miriam now not too powerful that a single team of 2 couldn't handle. She still gets D:AP by 2140, but that gives you 40 turns to prepare.

(just kidding)

As you know, when setting up a scenario'd start, I play the first turn to set passwords, beef up the AI, etc. Do any teams want me to offer the other team member your starting tech in that first turn?

e-mail me if you do - linfrew@aol.com

game is imminent.

G.

Comment

I want to sign up for this team game too. though i didnt fully understand whats the difference between team game #1 and #2.
                          so im not sure which game i want to be in...
                          and i aint also not sure if that is a smac or smacx game and what factions are allowed.
                          help with this would be appreciated (im a n00b at smac mp )

Comment

Team game #1 is already started, so team game #2 is the one you'd be in.

It'll probably be smax if all the players have smax, but otherwise it'll be smac. The usual rules allow for the original 7 factions in smac, and any faction except the aliens in smax.

And welcome the smac mp! It's great fun, and a team game would be a fantastic way to start to learn. Why not sign up for the tournament here or at http://www.civgaming.net/forums/ and get a game or two there as well? Great ways to pick things up!

C
                            Play hangman.

Comment

sorry to have to say this. but i have to withdraw my hat from team game #2, due to a busier schedule.

Comment

I would be interested in game #2. Comstar@optushome.com.au. My other 6 player games have gone down to about 1 turn a fortnight, so time isn't a problem for me.

I would REALLY like to play a pure SMAX game (without Aliens if nesscary), but also like playing Peacekeppers if it's not random.

And if possible I'd like to choose my own password

Comment

Working...
                                X