• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darsnan
    replied
    Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
    Darsnan: PM box full. Empty it please.
    Done. Sorry about that. I'll look into sending you some maps from games that aren't currently going on.

I've never seen a DUAL faction game. Send me the results, as I'd like to see how the Uni carries the Cult, or Morgan carries the Believers.
    Their a different twist, and theres at least one other "3 X 2" going on right now, if I'm not mistaken. You may want to look that up and see if someone will send you a turn. If not, we can keep you posted (at least until Chaunk gets eliminated, that is......).

D

Leave a comment:

• Enigma_Nova
    replied
    Darsnan: PM box full. Empty it please.
    (Might as well say that before Chaunk has to post it himself)

The rest of you:
    I've never seen a DUAL faction game. Send me the results, as I'd like to see how the Uni carries the Cult, or Morgan carries the Believers.

Leave a comment:

• Darsnan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaunk
    Any comments questions? Otherwise, I shall go and find a CMN tomorrow evening (GMT).
    Comments:

1. I would like the Pirates and Gaians.

2. As far as CMN's go, I can see if Googlie is interested in "experimenting" on us. Let me know and I can approach him and see. Rubin and johndmuller might also be available. FYI unless you've already got someone in mind, Chaunk.

3. The larger the world the better, but I am not stuck on it being Large or Huge.

4. Beefed up AI's, maybe to include some interesting SP's to boot.

5. Extra starting units: 3 Scouts, 3 CP's, 3 Formers (note: for the Pirates it should probably be scaled back to one Scoutship, 3 Sea Formers, 3 Seapods, especially if playing on a smaller map).

6. Turn rotation should be set so that each player's two Factions are sequential, and that we also take advantage of the International dateline. Best rotation would probably be Chaunk, Darsnan, ChairmanSlick, or a derivation thereof. Does this sound correct?

Oh yeah,

Darsnan - Beating the crap out of me? In your dreams buddy!
    I didn't know you lived in the state of De Nial!?! Anyways, sounds like the CMN should set the "Trashtalking" option to "ENABLED"!

D

Leave a comment:

• ChairmanSlick
    replied
    sounds terrific...

ok on the size

i want to choose my factions = i want UoP and Hive.

question : do our factions start together??

if they do not then i would like to change to Aki and Yang.

if they do :as stated -- Zakharov and Yang.

Leave a comment:

• Chaunk
    replied
    And then there were three!

We do now need a CMN, as well as a proposed list of tweaks... Certainly the probe cruiser should be on there but I'm open to suggestions by you guys. The AI NEEDS advantages like more units, better terrain, preterraformed etc, as they'd be outnumbered 2:1 by any one player in a 3x2.

If you guys are up for choosing each others factions, then I propose we each PM the CMN two factions, one builder and one momentum faction. The CMN then gives each of us a builder faction and momentum faction, one from each of our oponants.

I thought that might need clarifying, so here goes:
    PM's to CMN contain:
    Chaunk - Uni & believers
    ChairmanSlick - Morgan & Cult
    Darsnan - Cycon & Cult

We would then end up with the following combinations:
    Chaunk - Morgan & Cult
    ChairmanSlick - Cycon & Believers
    Darsnan - Uni & Cult

The remaining AI would be chosen by the CMN.

Otherwise we can all choose our own factions, duplicates allowed.

ChairmanSlick - I find standard to be quite claustrophobic at times, there's rarely enough room to expand with seven factions. Can we settle on a size in the middle of large & standard?

Darsnan - Beating the crap out of me? In your dreams buddy!

Any comments questions? Otherwise, I shall go and find a CMN tomorrow evening (GMT).

C

Leave a comment:

• Darsnan
    replied
    Re: New 3 Player SMAC(X) Game

Originally posted by Chaunk
    Any interest?

I propose either a standard 3 player game (With somewhat tweaked ai I hope) or a 3x2 where we all get two factions each (possibly chosen by the opposing players?)

C
    Hmmm, I haven't beaten the crap out of Chaunk in quite a while! I'm also really interested in the 3 X 2 format, having never played a game this way before. Also concerning a tweaked AI: I hope this would include Googlie's Probe Cruiser - I have to say personally it has really added new dimensions of gameplay for me, as before this I never had to worry about the AI coming across the sea and MC'ing my bases, and now it seems every other turn I've got to scramble to keep those dammm cruisers away from my unprotected bases!

D

Leave a comment:

• ChairmanSlick
    replied
    i am interested but i would not want to play a large map. they take far too long and it will never get finished.

however if on a normal map i would be down for any of those options.

Leave a comment:

• Chaunk
    started a topic New 3 Player SMAC(X) Game

New 3 Player SMAC(X) Game

Any interest?

I propose either a standard 3 player game (With somewhat tweaked ai I hope) or a 3x2 where we all get two factions each (possibly chosen by the opposing players?)

large map, normal lifeforms, rainfall, rockiness etc. Sea content chosen by the CMN. No permapacts (Except between the two factions controlled by one player if we go that route natch!)

What say you?

C
Working...
X