• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm game for H2H

Comment

Red M,
      I started a new thread for us:
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

For those of you who are confizzled, I'm still interesetd in playing this game too...

Comment

Just a quick question about the rules: Will crawler upgrading be allowed as in the tournament rules?

Comment

sorry forgot to post my Email Address

jasonjparr@hotmail.com

13 player game now that would take some modding!

With 6 human players, I guess there won't be any aliens on this planet unless anyone WANTS to be an alien!
            Last edited by FonnParr; September 1, 2003, 06:35.

Comment

Uh...can we split this up into 3-4 games, SMAC, SMAX and SMAX?

Comment

Originally posted by Comstr
                Uh...can we split this up into 3-4 games, SMAC, SMAX and SMAX?
                That might actually be a good idea. Maybe one SMAX game with directed research, one with blind and then one SMAC game? I wouldn't mind playing in more than one game.

Comment

Hello again.

It turned out that I had some trouble with my connection in NY while I was out of town, so I have been out of touch. I have made some reasonable progress on the map, however, and am getting ready to move on to the next phase of the setup.

I'm planning to set up a 6 human player with 1 AI player SMAX game (Transcend, with directed research) on a large map with average everything (more or less - I've added/changed various stuff, so it may not be exactly 'average'). I trust you'all realize that with 6 human players, it would be good if all of you are really committed to playing, as a couple of early dropouts could make it difficult to get started.

As best I could tell, this is the cast (in no particular order):
                  --USC (N0SPAMerik@sky.cz) - random faction
                  --Minute Mirage (N0SPAMminutemirage@hotmail.com) - University
                  --Comstr (N0SPAMComstar@optusnet.com.au) - PK
                  --Blut0 (N0SPAMblut02000@yahoo.com) - random faction
                  --FonnParr (N0SPAMjasonjparr@hotmail.com) - random faction
                  --Red Menace (N0SPAMmsernatinger@hotmail.com) - random faction

I didn't quite under stand the splitting up into 3-4 SMAC, SMAX or SMAX? option, so if you'all don't want the 6 person variety that would need to be made clear ASAP. Regarding the crawler upgrades, nearly all the games I'm aware of allow crawler upgrades (via the Design Workshop) and 'cashing in' to build SP's or whatever in the same turn (as opposed to the usual disallowing of upgrade and attack for military units).

I said 'Directed Research' instead of 'Blind Research' with free Centauri Ecology, cause I gathered that everyone really wanted it that way, all the talk about "Blind Research' notwithstanding (I got the impression that I was actually the one seemingly to pushing it rather than any of you, the players), but if that's incorrect, please let me know and I'd be happy to go with Blind; let me know.

Please let me know if I have something wrong with the players or the factions specified (or not), or if ther are any changes to the faction selections (or non selections). Minute Mirage, please send me your free tech choice here (or post it if you don't care whether the other players know). Anyone with a favorite password they want installed, please email me with that too (or post it if you don't care whether the other players know ), otherwise I will make them up myself. If I can think up a turn order that seems to make sense geographically, I will.

I've gotten behind on a few other things due to my connection problems last weekend, but I hope to get this mostly done by the end of this weekend and playtest it somewhat to make sure it is reasonably balanced in the day or two following, so I'm hoping to get it to you by next Wednesday.

Comment

Looks good, I'm itching to play. Count me in.

Comment

To help JDM with the play order maybe we should all say when we are most likely to play.

For me this is 1200 to 1330 GMT.

Comment

Lets see, ah, 6pm GMT+10 so that makes it, ah, 4am GMT I think.

Comment

I'm likely to be able to play somewhere between 1500 and 2100 GMT.

Comment

1500 GMT for me.

Comment

1800 GMT is about right for me, I theenk. Honestly I check my mail so much it'll be just about any time OK, bearing in mind that I'm GMT -6.

So of course I AM SO IN!

Comment

Well, I found this site on google - being a fan of Alpha Centauri I quickly wanted to play human players (I am slightly good so far). However I only have Alpha Centauri and not Alien Crossfire...

I also live in Singapore (+8 GMT) but I suppose I could stay up. Also I have no idea you could play by PBEM....

Oh I probably like abundant alien life forms (its good for both Gaians and Morganites in my opinion, good military and a nice reward from the planetpearls) but I will accept normal.

There are special tournament rules? And whats wrong with crawler upgrading?
                                Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                                The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                                Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                                We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

Working...
                                X