PBEM anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM anyone?

I suppose it's about time I stopped kidding around with the AI and play a PBEM. I have no idea how to set one up, so I'll need some help in that and of course a CMN.

Preferred settings:
    * Large map
    * CMN determines players' faction assignments
    * SMAX
    * Transcend
    * Standard world creation settings
    * All rules at their standard settings except one: directed research
    * No custom alpha.ini, etc.
    * Seven factions, at least 3 human
    * Any standard PBEM ruleset is fine
    * Name: Cur Pup's Tiny Hoe Cot

All settings negotiable.

USC
    "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

If you're willing to take another MP newbie, I'd like to join. However, I've only really practiced playing with the University, so I would most probably suck with any other faction.

Comment

I'm a newbie to PBEM and anxious to play. Now all we need is a CMN.

Comment

I'm interested in playing another game as Peacekeepers. (comstar@optusnet.com.au).

Good luck finding a CM though...

Comment

Hi if there is any space i'd like to also join in this PBEM. The GAians are fine for me if there still is space for 1more player.

Comment

Oh never mind, i don't have smax, i only got smac.

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in playing this one. Any way to get you to reconsider directed research though? If not, no matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedmenace
                I'd definitely be interested in playing this one. Any way to get you to reconsider directed research though? If not, no matter.
                I thought he meant that blind research is off, since it is on by default.

Comment

So it looks like we have enough players, how do we find a CM?

Comment

That's what I meant. I prefer that blind research be on, as I find it more realistic, even if it does leave more to chance. I tend to like a random factor in my games.

Comment

Blind research is fine by me, s long as people are willing to trade tech

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedmenace
                        That's what I meant. I prefer that blind research be on, as I find it more realistic, even if it does leave more to chance. I tend to like a random factor in my games.
                        I'd really prefer to play with directed research, since I haven't used blind research practically at all. There are still plenty of random factors in the game even with directed research.

Comment

I find that blind research makes any low-science faction insanely annoying to play... a few games as yang on an island setting research to "explore" and still not having Centauri Ecoloy or at least Doc:Flex in 2160 (for example only, it's been a while) regardless really turned me off to blind research. In single player, it can be a refreshing challenge I admit since it hurts the human the most, but in MP... everything is as I said negotiable, but I'd really prefer directed.

USC
                          "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

Comment

OK, how do we find a CM?

Comment

Well I'd rather play with blind research on, if possible. I'm really quite flexible so I'm not going to whine if it's not, but I enjoy the randomness involved (even if I lose cause of it).

~Red

Comment

Working...
                              X