No announcement yet.

Who would you join?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) I'm not sure OBL is an idealist. I think he tries to present himself as one to gain support. It's hard to get into his mind though. He may actually believe he is an idealist.? It's hard to tell how much he actually believes in his ideals when they're so contradictory. i.e. his followers don't even TRY to follow the Koran; alcohol and strippers come to mind, and the more obvious examples... And yet he wants the whole world to follow these rules? I think he just has ASPD.

2) The point was more the last sentence, that it matters who you follow. Obviously Bush isn't an idealist. Quite the antithesis. It sounded like the poster was arguing no forms of 'government' (you can use the Iraqi regime or Taliban if Al Qauida doesn't fit the definition) are any better than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pandemoniak
      Whats the big idea with his wife ? I ve never heard about anything like that !
      Its a blurb from one of the technologies (I don't remember which). Anyway, the full blurb goes...

"I loved my chosen. How I bereaved the day she left me. If only I could take a single cell from her body, so that I may love her again."

...or something like that.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Okay...
        Lal's pretty sick, isnt he ?
        "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
        "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

• Originally posted by LordAzreal

Its a blurb from one of the technologies (I don't remember which). Anyway, the full blurb goes...

"I loved my chosen. How I bereaved the day she left me. If only I could take a single cell from her body, so that I may love her again."

...or something like that.
          Actually I think it goes "I love my chosen. How then to face the day when she left me? So I took a single body from her cell, perhaps to love her again."
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pandemoniak
            Okay...
            Lal's pretty sick, isnt he ?
            Indeed.

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Actually I think it goes "I love my chosen. How then to face the day when she left me? So I took a single body from her cell, perhaps to love her again."
            Whatever.

But the the point that Lal has a double standard going there stays the same. Ranting about the ethical problems of the times one minute, then considering cloning his significant other the next.
            Last edited by Jethro83; July 29, 2002, 20:26.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• What's unethical about cloning someone? What's sick about it?

I see two possibilites. One, he gets a daughter to raise. Two, they can somehow make an adult human with the same genes and no experiences? So then Lal would just ask her out, and perhaps they would fall in love again.

Comment

• On a spiritual level, cloning a significant other would be a problem. It is a good question whether or not the clone has the same soul as the original (despite the fact that the original is dead).

Though the second possibility could come to pass, I know I'd still somehow feel dirty about it if I were placed in that position (I'm one of the type who believes in the one true significant other, or 'soulmate' if you will).

While she will look exactly like Lal's wife, and have the same genes as Lal's wife, she is not his wife. And as such, probably won't have the same soul as the 'template'.

Comment

• Roze and the gang. no doubt.
                  What an ugly city. Lets burn it down and build a magnificent forest.

Comment

• This is a tough one.

Gaian: Wiccan unite!!!! See my previous post in SocEng on why I'd join.

Morgan: Nevermind the fact that I suck at math and business is really not my cup of tea. But I'm in agreement with Blake regarding the whole luxury, plus I might defect with Sinder and join the Angels since if I really did join Morgan Industries I'd probably be assigned to some random meaningless desk job like her as well.

"Good Evening, you have reached Morgan Studios. This is Marc speaking, how may I help you?"

However, the Captain's goatess is kinda cute, if you manage to ignore his one eye. And the negative GROWTH social really makes you think. So, is the Village People's "In the Navy" played often in Safe Haven's Rec common?
                    Marc

"Peace, love and Planet Busters..."

Comment

Working...
                    X